-vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

-vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Reindl Harald
that worked over many years now and with 4.1 "[mp4 @ 0x5618adfe4b80]
Could not find tag for codec mpeg4 in stream #0, codec not currently
supported in container"

/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -hide_banner -i
'/mnt/data/autotest/parts/ffmpeg/demo.mp4' -y -vb '448k' -ab '96k' -bt
'64k' -maxrate '544k' -ar '44100' -ac '2' -r '25' -vf
'scale=480:266,setdar=16/9,pad=480:270:0:2:000000' -async '1' -f 'mp4'
-codec:v 'mpeg4' -codec:a 'aac' -strict 'experimental' -cutoff '15000'
-vtag 'xvid' -threads '4' -metadata 'creation_time=2018-11-08T13:13:16'
'/mnt/data/autotest/parts/ffmpeg/targets/test.xvid' >>
'/mnt/data/autotest/parts/ffmpeg/logs/mp4_xvid.log' 2>>
'/mnt/data/autotest/parts/ffmpeg/logs/mp4_xvid.log'

Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from
'/mnt/data/autotest/parts/ffmpeg/demo.mp4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : isom
    minor_version   : 512
    compatible_brands: isomiso2avc1mp41
    creation_time   : 1970-01-01T00:00:00.000000Z
    encoder         : Lavf52.31.0
  Duration: 00:00:20.24, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 654 kb/s
    Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (Constrained Baseline) (avc1 /
0x31637661), yuv420p, 720x400 [SAR 80:81 DAR 16:9], 553 kb/s, SAR 79:80
DAR 711:400, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 50 tbc (default)
    Metadata:
      creation_time   : 1970-01-01T00:00:00.000000Z
      handler_name    : VideoHandler
    Stream #0:1(und): Audio: aac (LC) (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 44100 Hz,
stereo, fltp, 96 kb/s (default)
    Metadata:
      creation_time   : 1970-01-01T00:00:00.000000Z
      handler_name    : SoundHandler
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 (native) -> mpeg4 (native))
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (aac (native) -> aac (native))
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
-async is forwarded to lavfi similarly to -af
aresample=async=1:min_hard_comp=0.100000:first_pts=0.
[mpeg4 @ 0x5618adfed880] Automatically choosing VBV buffer size of 86 kbyte
[mp4 @ 0x5618adfe4b80] Could not find tag for codec mpeg4 in stream #0,
codec not currently supported in container
Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters
?): Invalid argument
Error initializing output stream 0:0 --

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Paul B Mahol
On 11/8/18, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]> wrote:
> that worked over many years now and with 4.1 "[mp4 @ 0x5618adfe4b80]
> Could not find tag for codec mpeg4 in stream #0, codec not currently
> supported in container"

Probably because it was never valid?
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Reindl Harald

Am 08.11.18 um 13:24 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
> On 11/8/18, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> that worked over many years now and with 4.1 "[mp4 @ 0x5618adfe4b80]
>> Could not find tag for codec mpeg4 in stream #0, codec not currently
>> supported in container"
>
> Probably because it was never valid?

bla....

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/MPEG-4

 ...and the native encoder mpeg4:

ffmpeg -i input.avi -c:v mpeg4 -vtag xvid output.avi

The native encoder has the advantage of not requiring an external
library. Both encoders should provide a similar output, but for lower
bitrates/quality (e.g. 1000 kBit/s for 720p content), libxvid will
deliver better quality than mpeg4.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
In reply to this post by Reindl Harald
2018-11-08 13:21 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:

> that worked over many years now and with 4.1 "[mp4 @ 0x5618adfe4b80]
> Could not find tag for codec mpeg4 in stream #0, codec not currently
> supported in container"
>
> /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -hide_banner -i
> '/mnt/data/autotest/parts/ffmpeg/demo.mp4' -y -vb '448k' -ab '96k' -bt
> '64k' -maxrate '544k' -ar '44100' -ac '2' -r '25' -vf
> 'scale=480:266,setdar=16/9,pad=480:270:0:2:000000' -async '1' -f 'mp4'
> -codec:v 'mpeg4' -codec:a 'aac' -strict 'experimental' -cutoff '15000'
> -vtag 'xvid' -threads '4' -metadata 'creation_time=2018-11-08T13:13:16'
> '/mnt/data/autotest/parts/ffmpeg/targets/test.xvid'

Please understand that -hide_banner makes bug reports useless
and please provide command line (without -hide_banner) including
complete, uncut console output for a version that does not show
above error.

Carl Eugen

PS: There is no release support on this mailing list, release support
may exist on the bug tracker of your distribution.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Paul B Mahol
In reply to this post by Reindl Harald
On 11/8/18, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Am 08.11.18 um 13:24 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
>> On 11/8/18, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> that worked over many years now and with 4.1 "[mp4 @ 0x5618adfe4b80]
>>> Could not find tag for codec mpeg4 in stream #0, codec not currently
>>> supported in container"
>>
>> Probably because it was never valid?
>
> bla....
>
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/MPEG-4
>
>  ...and the native encoder mpeg4:
>
> ffmpeg -i input.avi -c:v mpeg4 -vtag xvid output.avi
>
> The native encoder has the advantage of not requiring an external
> library. Both encoders should provide a similar output, but for lower
> bitrates/quality (e.g. 1000 kBit/s for 720p content), libxvid will
> deliver better quality than mpeg4.

Some minimal knowledge is required to work with ffmpeg.

In your case avi container is one thing and mp4 is another.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Reindl Harald
In reply to this post by Carl Eugen Hoyos-2


Am 08.11.18 um 13:29 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

> 2018-11-08 13:21 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:
>> that worked over many years now and with 4.1 "[mp4 @ 0x5618adfe4b80]
>> Could not find tag for codec mpeg4 in stream #0, codec not currently
>> supported in container"
>>
>> /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -hide_banner -i
>> '/mnt/data/autotest/parts/ffmpeg/demo.mp4' -y -vb '448k' -ab '96k' -bt
>> '64k' -maxrate '544k' -ar '44100' -ac '2' -r '25' -vf
>> 'scale=480:266,setdar=16/9,pad=480:270:0:2:000000' -async '1' -f 'mp4'
>> -codec:v 'mpeg4' -codec:a 'aac' -strict 'experimental' -cutoff '15000'
>> -vtag 'xvid' -threads '4' -metadata 'creation_time=2018-11-08T13:13:16'
>> '/mnt/data/autotest/parts/ffmpeg/targets/test.xvid'
>
> Please understand that -hide_banner makes bug reports useless
> and please provide command line (without -hide_banner) including
> complete, uncut console output for a version that does not show
> above error.

[harry@rh:~]$ /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i
'/mnt/data/autotest/parts/ffmpeg/demo.mp4' -y -vb '448k' -ab '96k' -bt
'64k' -maxrate '544k' -ar '44100' -ac '2' -r '25' -vf
'scale=480:266,setdar=16/9,pad=480:270:0:2:000000' -async '1' -f 'mp4'
-codec:v 'mpeg4' -codec:a 'aac' -strict 'experimental' -cutoff '15000'
-vtag 'xvid' -threads '4' -metadata 'creation_time=2018-11-08T13:13:16'
'/mnt/data/autotest/parts/ffmpeg/targets/test.xvid'
ffmpeg version 4.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 8 (GCC)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr/local --bindir=/usr/local/bin
--mandir=/usr/local/man
--extra-cflags='-I/rpmbuild/BUILD/ffmpeg-20181108/x264-static -m64 -O2
-g0 -mfpmath=sse -mavx -msse2avx -march=sandybridge -mtune=sandybridge
-ftree-slp-vectorize -fopt-info-vec-optimized -fopenmp -pipe
-fno-strict-aliasing -fomit-frame-pointer -fexceptions
-fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong
--param=ssp-buffer-size=6 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wstack-protector
-Wformat -Werror=format-security -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing
-fno-tree-vectorize -ftree-slp-vectorize -fno-gcse-after-reload
-fno-inline-functions -fno-ipa-cp -fno-ipa-cp-clone -fno-peel-loops
-fno-predictive-commoning -fno-tree-loop-distribute-patterns
-fno-unswitch-loops -Os -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-tree-vectorize
-ftree-slp-vectorize -falign-functions -falign-jumps -falign-loops
-fno-align-labels -fexpensive-optimizations -fmove-loop-invariants
-foptimize-strlen -fexpensive-optimizations -foptimize-strlen -fdce
-fdse -ftree-ch -ftree-dce -ftree-dse -fsplit-paths -fpeel-loops -fPIC
-flto=10 -ffat-lto-objects -fwhole-program -Wno-pointer-sign
-Wno-array-bounds -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-deprecated-declarations
-Wno-strict-overflow -Wno-discarded-qualifiers -Wno-address
-Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-function -Wno-unused-result
-Wno-misleading-indentation -fuse-ld=gold -fuse-linker-plugin
-Wa,--noexecstack'
--extra-ldflags='-I/rpmbuild/BUILD/ffmpeg-20181108/x264-static
-L/rpmbuild/BUILD/ffmpeg-20181108/x264-static -ldl -Wl,--as-needed
-Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,noexecstack -m64 -O2 -g0 -mfpmath=sse
-mavx -msse2avx -march=sandybridge -mtune=sandybridge
-ftree-slp-vectorize -fopt-info-vec-optimized -fopenmp -pipe
-fno-strict-aliasing -fomit-frame-pointer -fexceptions
-fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong
--param=ssp-buffer-size=6 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wstack-protector
-Wformat -Werror=format-security -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing
-fno-tree-vectorize -ftree-slp-vectorize -fno-gcse-after-reload
-fno-inline-functions -fno-ipa-cp -fno-ipa-cp-clone -fno-peel-loops
-fno-predictive-commoning -fno-tree-loop-distribute-patterns
-fno-unswitch-loops -Os -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-tree-vectorize
-ftree-slp-vectorize -falign-functions -falign-jumps -falign-loops
-fno-align-labels -fexpensive-optimizations -fmove-loop-invariants
-foptimize-strlen -fexpensive-optimizations -foptimize-strlen -fdce
-fdse -ftree-ch -ftree-dce -ftree-dse -fsplit-paths -fpeel-loops -fPIC
-flto=10 -ffat-lto-objects -fwhole-program -Wno-pointer-sign
-Wno-array-bounds -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-deprecated-declarations
-Wno-strict-overflow -Wno-discarded-qualifiers -Wno-address
-Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-function -Wno-unused-result
-Wno-misleading-indentation -pie -fPIE -fuse-ld=gold -fuse-linker-plugin
-Wa,--noexecstack' --ar=gcc-ar --ranlib=true --enable-lto --enable-gpl
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264
--enable-libx265 --enable-nonfree --enable-openssl --enable-pic
--enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-static --enable-version3
--disable-amd3dnow --disable-amd3dnowext --disable-avdevice
--disable-debug --disable-devices --disable-ffplay --disable-ffprobe
--disable-htmlpages --disable-hwaccels --disable-iconv
--disable-libdc1394 --disable-libfreetype --disable-libgsm
--disable-libopencore-amrnb --disable-libopencore-amrwb
--disable-libopencv --disable-libopenjpeg --disable-libopus
--disable-librtmp --disable-libspeex --disable-libvorbis
--disable-libxcb --disable-libxcb-shm --disable-libxcb-xfixes
--disable-libxcb-shape --disable-libxvid --disable-podpages
--disable-postproc --disable-protocol=gopher --disable-shared
--disable-txtpages --disable-xlib
  libavutil      56. 22.100 / 56. 22.100
  libavcodec     58. 35.100 / 58. 35.100
  libavformat    58. 20.100 / 58. 20.100
  libavfilter     7. 40.101 /  7. 40.101
  libswscale      5.  3.100 /  5.  3.100
  libswresample   3.  3.100 /  3.  3.100
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from
'/mnt/data/autotest/parts/ffmpeg/demo.mp4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : isom
    minor_version   : 512
    compatible_brands: isomiso2avc1mp41
    creation_time   : 1970-01-01T00:00:00.000000Z
    encoder         : Lavf52.31.0
  Duration: 00:00:20.24, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 654 kb/s
    Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (Constrained Baseline) (avc1 /
0x31637661), yuv420p, 720x400 [SAR 80:81 DAR 16:9], 553 kb/s, SAR 79:80
DAR 711:400, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 50 tbc (default)
    Metadata:
      creation_time   : 1970-01-01T00:00:00.000000Z
      handler_name    : VideoHandler
    Stream #0:1(und): Audio: aac (LC) (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 44100 Hz,
stereo, fltp, 96 kb/s (default)
    Metadata:
      creation_time   : 1970-01-01T00:00:00.000000Z
      handler_name    : SoundHandler
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 (native) -> mpeg4 (native))
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (aac (native) -> aac (native))
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
-async is forwarded to lavfi similarly to -af
aresample=async=1:min_hard_comp=0.100000:first_pts=0.
[mpeg4 @ 0x56535bc08ac0] Automatically choosing VBV buffer size of 86 kbyte
[mp4 @ 0x56535bc10ac0] Could not find tag for codec mpeg4 in stream #0,
codec not currently supported in container
Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters
?): Invalid argument
Error initializing output stream 0:0 --
[aac @ 0x56535bc26900] Qavg: 42781.832
[aac @ 0x56535bc26900] 2 frames left in the queue on closing
Conversion failed!

> PS: There is no release support on this mailing list, release support
> may exist on the bug tracker of your distribution

I AM the distribution
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Reindl Harald
In reply to this post by Paul B Mahol


Am 08.11.18 um 13:33 schrieb Paul B Mahol:

> On 11/8/18, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Am 08.11.18 um 13:24 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
>>> On 11/8/18, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>> that worked over many years now and with 4.1 "[mp4 @ 0x5618adfe4b80]
>>>> Could not find tag for codec mpeg4 in stream #0, codec not currently
>>>> supported in container"
>>>
>>> Probably because it was never valid?
>>
>> bla....
>>
>> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/MPEG-4
>>
>>  ...and the native encoder mpeg4:
>>
>> ffmpeg -i input.avi -c:v mpeg4 -vtag xvid output.avi
>>
>> The native encoder has the advantage of not requiring an external
>> library. Both encoders should provide a similar output, but for lower
>> bitrates/quality (e.g. 1000 kBit/s for 720p content), libxvid will
>> deliver better quality than mpeg4.
>
> Some minimal knowledge is required to work with ffmpeg.
> In your case avi container is one thing and mp4 is another
and why can't you simply give a useful answer instead a smartass
"Probably because it was never valid?" to not waste everybodys time?
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
In reply to this post by Reindl Harald
2018-11-08 13:35 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:

>> PS: There is no release support on this mailing list, release support
>> may exist on the bug tracker of your distribution
>
> I AM the distribution

Then please start with fixing your configure line, you know
that it contains several issues that make the binaries not
valid for support here.

Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
In reply to this post by Reindl Harald
2018-11-08 13:43 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:
> to not waste everybodys time?

I may miss something but so far I had the impression that you
were wasting everybody's time by making untested claims in
your original mail.

Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Reindl Harald
In reply to this post by Carl Eugen Hoyos-2


Am 08.11.18 um 13:45 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

> 2018-11-08 13:35 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:
>
>>> PS: There is no release support on this mailing list, release support
>>> may exist on the bug tracker of your distribution
>>
>> I AM the distribution
>
> Then please start with fixing your configure line, you know
> that it contains several issues that make the binaries not
> valid for support here.

god damned - all that bullshit nitpicking about snapshots and configure
lines is so useless when the answer would have been "-f avi" instead "-f
mp4", not more and not less
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Reindl Harald
In reply to this post by Carl Eugen Hoyos-2


Am 08.11.18 um 13:46 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> 2018-11-08 13:43 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:
>> to not waste everybodys time?
>
> I may miss something but so far I had the impression that you
> were wasting everybody's time by making untested claims in
> your original mail.

did i?
where?

that command line is unchanged for at least 5 years and so that it
worked (perfectly correct or not is irrelevant) before ffmpeg-4.1 is not
a untested claim but fact
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Paul B Mahol
In reply to this post by Reindl Harald
On 11/8/18, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> Am 08.11.18 um 13:45 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> 2018-11-08 13:35 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>>> PS: There is no release support on this mailing list, release support
>>>> may exist on the bug tracker of your distribution
>>>
>>> I AM the distribution
>>
>> Then please start with fixing your configure line, you know
>> that it contains several issues that make the binaries not
>> valid for support here.
>
> god damned - all that bullshit nitpicking about snapshots and configure
> lines is so useless when the answer would have been "-f avi" instead "-f
> mp4", not more and not less

It could be supported by mp4, but someone needs to dig under tons of
specifications.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Paul B Mahol
On 11/8/18, Paul B Mahol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/8/18, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Am 08.11.18 um 13:45 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>>> 2018-11-08 13:35 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>>>> PS: There is no release support on this mailing list, release support
>>>>> may exist on the bug tracker of your distribution
>>>>
>>>> I AM the distribution
>>>
>>> Then please start with fixing your configure line, you know
>>> that it contains several issues that make the binaries not
>>> valid for support here.
>>
>> god damned - all that bullshit nitpicking about snapshots and configure
>> lines is so useless when the answer would have been "-f avi" instead "-f
>> mp4", not more and not less
>
> It could be supported by mp4, but someone needs to dig under tons of
> specifications.
>

xvid/XVID vtag is supported by .mov
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
In reply to this post by Reindl Harald
2018-11-08 13:56 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:

>
>
> Am 08.11.18 um 13:46 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> 2018-11-08 13:43 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:
>>> to not waste everybodys time?
>>
>> I may miss something but so far I had the impression that you
>> were wasting everybody's time by making untested claims in
>> your original mail.
>
> did i?
> where?

<quote>
that worked over many years
</quote>

Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Reindl Harald


Am 08.11.18 um 14:09 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

> 2018-11-08 13:56 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>
>> Am 08.11.18 um 13:46 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>>> 2018-11-08 13:43 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:
>>>> to not waste everybodys time?
>>>
>>> I may miss something but so far I had the impression that you
>>> were wasting everybody's time by making untested claims in
>>> your original mail.
>>
>> did i?
>> where?
>
> <quote>
> that worked over many years
> </quote>

which is true - the command did not fail - period
now it fails - the question was why - period

that has nothing to do with your obsessive compulsive disorder or
anything else - that whole thread could have been solved in one single
response

period
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: -vtag 'xvid' broken in 4.1

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
2018-11-08 14:12 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:

>
>
> Am 08.11.18 um 14:09 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> 2018-11-08 13:56 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>>
>>> Am 08.11.18 um 13:46 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>>>> 2018-11-08 13:43 GMT+01:00, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>:
>>>>> to not waste everybodys time?
>>>>
>>>> I may miss something but so far I had the impression that you
>>>> were wasting everybody's time by making untested claims in
>>>> your original mail.
>>>
>>> did i?
>>> where?
>>
>> <quote>
>> that worked over many years
>> </quote>
>
> which is true - the command did not fail - period
> now it fails - the question was why - period

As said: Please also provide the command line
(without -hide_banner) including console output for
the version that did not fail.

Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".