problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Michele Salerno
I don't speak English well I hope to be understood.
Hi to all users. :)

My hw is:
- CPU Core i7
- GPU Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
- RAM 32GB
My sw is:
- Debian Buster 64bit
- Driver nvidia packager manger and cuda toolkit

My /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
blacklist nouveau
blacklist nvidia-drm
options nouveau modeset-0

My script is:
#!/bin/bash
for i in *.mp4; do
    ffmpeg -hwaccel cuvid -c:v h264_cuvid -i "$i" -vf scale_npp=720:-1
-c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";
done

i have this error:
AVFilterGraph @ 0x560380a8d6c0] No such filter: 'scale_npp'
Error reinitializing filters!
Failed to inject frame into filter network: Invalid argument
Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0
Conversion failed!

if remove "-vf scale_npp=720:-1" it's ok.

I want the files in 720p, how can I do?

Thanks.

Michele

root@tux:~ # ffmpeg -h filter=scale_npp
ffmpeg version 4.1.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 8 (Debian 8.3.0-6)
  configuration: --disable-decoder=amrnb --disable-decoder=libopenjpeg
--disable-libopencv --disable-outdev=sdl2 --disable-podpages
--disable-sndio --disable-stripping --enable-libaom --enable-avfilter
--enable-avresample --enable-gcrypt --disable-gnutls --enable-openssl
--enable-gpl --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b
--enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libcodec2
--enable-libfdk-aac --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype
--enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc
--enable-libkvazaar --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb
--enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenh264 --enable-libopenjpeg
--enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse
--enable-librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy
--enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtesseract
--enable-libtheora --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-amrwbenc
--enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx265 --enable-libzimg
--enable-libxvid --enable-libzvbi --enable-nonfree --enable-opencl
--enable-opengl --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --enable-shared
--enable-version3 --enable-libwebp
--incdir=/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu
--libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --toolchain=hardened
--enable-frei0r --enable-chromaprint --enable-libx264
--enable-libiec61883 --enable-libdc1394 --enable-vaapi --enable-libmfx
--enable-libvmaf --disable-altivec
--shlibdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
  libavutil      56. 22.100 / 56. 22.100
  libavcodec     58. 35.100 / 58. 35.100
  libavformat    58. 20.100 / 58. 20.100
  libavdevice    58.  5.100 / 58.  5.100
  libavfilter     7. 40.101 /  7. 40.101
  libavresample   4.  0.  0 /  4.  0.  0
  libswscale      5.  3.100 /  5.  3.100
  libswresample   3.  3.100 /  3.  3.100
  libpostproc    55.  3.100 / 55.  3.100
Unknown filter 'scale_npp'.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
Am Di., 15. Okt. 2019 um 22:25 Uhr schrieb Michele Salerno
<[hidden email]>:

> ffmpeg version 4.1.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers

This looks old.

Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Brainiarc7
On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 at 23:47, Carl Eugen Hoyos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Am Di., 15. Okt. 2019 um 22:25 Uhr schrieb Michele Salerno
> <[hidden email]>:
>
> > ffmpeg version 4.1.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers
>
> This looks old.
>
> Carl Eugen

And secondly, if you want the scale_npp filter, you must compile
FFmpeg from source with --enable-cuda-nvcc option passed to the
./configure script. Note that the CUDA SDK must be installed on the
system you're building and running FFmpeg on.

Since you have nvenc present and enabled, you should be able to use
the scale_cuda filter, yadif_cuda, thumbnail_cuda and hwupload_cuda
filters respectively as they're dependent on the ffnvcodec headers
package needed to enable the NVENC feature set.

For usage, see:

ffmpeg -h filter=scale_cuda

On my build, I see:

Filter scale_cuda
  GPU accelerated video resizer
    Inputs:
       #0: default (video)
    Outputs:
       #0: default (video)
cudascale AVOptions:
  w                 <string>     ..FV...... Output video width (default "iw")
  h                 <string>     ..FV...... Output video height (default "ih")



So with your command, substitute scale_npp with scale_cuda as shown:

#!/bin/bash
for i in *.mp4; do
    ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -i "$i" -vf scale_cuda=720:-1
-c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";
done

NVDEC should be available on your platform as ffmpeg was configured
with the aforementioned ffnvcodec header package.
Note the thread count limit I've added to the command above, as nvdec
will warn you on high thread counts exceeding ~16.

-Dennis.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Michele Salerno
Il giorno mar 15 ott 2019 alle ore 23:33 Dennis Mungai
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

>
> On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 at 23:47, Carl Eugen Hoyos <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Am Di., 15. Okt. 2019 um 22:25 Uhr schrieb Michele Salerno
> > <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > > ffmpeg version 4.1.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers
> >
> > This looks old.
> >
> > Carl Eugen
>
> And secondly, if you want the scale_npp filter, you must compile
> FFmpeg from source with --enable-cuda-nvcc option passed to the
> ./configure script. Note that the CUDA SDK must be installed on the
> system you're building and running FFmpeg on.
>
> Since you have nvenc present and enabled, you should be able to use
> the scale_cuda filter, yadif_cuda, thumbnail_cuda and hwupload_cuda
> filters respectively as they're dependent on the ffnvcodec headers
> package needed to enable the NVENC feature set.
>
> For usage, see:
>
> ffmpeg -h filter=scale_cuda
>
Unknown filter 'scale_cuda'.

> So with your command, substitute scale_npp with scale_cuda as shown:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> for i in *.mp4; do
>     ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -i "$i" -vf scale_cuda=720:-1
> -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";
> done
>
> NVDEC should be available on your platform as ffmpeg was configured
> with the aforementioned ffnvcodec header package.
> Note the thread count limit I've added to the command above, as nvdec
> will warn you on high thread counts exceeding ~16.
>
thanks.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Brainiarc7
On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 at 01:14, Michele Salerno <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Il giorno mar 15 ott 2019 alle ore 23:33 Dennis Mungai
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> >
> > On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 at 23:47, Carl Eugen Hoyos <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Am Di., 15. Okt. 2019 um 22:25 Uhr schrieb Michele Salerno
> > > <[hidden email]>:
> > >
> > > > ffmpeg version 4.1.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers
> > >
> > > This looks old.
> > >
> > > Carl Eugen
> >
> > And secondly, if you want the scale_npp filter, you must compile
> > FFmpeg from source with --enable-cuda-nvcc option passed to the
> > ./configure script. Note that the CUDA SDK must be installed on the
> > system you're building and running FFmpeg on.
> >
> > Since you have nvenc present and enabled, you should be able to use
> > the scale_cuda filter, yadif_cuda, thumbnail_cuda and hwupload_cuda
> > filters respectively as they're dependent on the ffnvcodec headers
> > package needed to enable the NVENC feature set.
> >
> > For usage, see:
> >
> > ffmpeg -h filter=scale_cuda
> >
> Unknown filter 'scale_cuda'.
>
> > So with your command, substitute scale_npp with scale_cuda as shown:
> >
> > #!/bin/bash
> > for i in *.mp4; do
> >     ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -i "$i" -vf scale_cuda=720:-1
> > -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";
> > done
> >
> > NVDEC should be available on your platform as ffmpeg was configured
> > with the aforementioned ffnvcodec header package.
> > Note the thread count limit I've added to the command above, as nvdec
> > will warn you on high thread counts exceeding ~16.
> >
> thanks.

Build the latest ffmpeg git tip and retest.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Michele Salerno
Il giorno mer 16 ott 2019 alle ore 00:32 Dennis Mungai
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> Build the latest ffmpeg git tip and retest.

I put a new ssd disk.
installed everything from 0.
Do you have a suggestion to compile ffmpeg and cuda on debian buster?

Cuda and Drive install from repo debian (apt-get) or bin from web site nvidia?
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Michele Salerno
In reply to this post by Brainiarc7
Il giorno mar 15 ott 2019 alle ore 23:33 Dennis Mungai
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> For usage, see:
>
> ffmpeg -h filter=scale_cuda
>
> On my build, I see:
>
> Filter scale_cuda
>   GPU accelerated video resizer
>     Inputs:
>        #0: default (video)
>     Outputs:
>        #0: default (video)
> cudascale AVOptions:
>   w                 <string>     ..FV...... Output video width (default "iw")
>   h                 <string>     ..FV...... Output video height (default "ih")
>
it's ok, i have reinstall OS and compile Driver and Cuda from bin
(NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-430.50.run and cuda_10.1.243_418.87.00_linux.run)
Compile ffmpeg with
./configure --enable-nonfree --enable-nvenc --enable-libx264
--enable-gpl --enable-cuda --enable-cuvid --enable-cuda-nvcc


> So with your command, substitute scale_npp with scale_cuda as shown:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> for i in *.mp4; do
>     ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -i "$i" -vf scale_cuda=720:-1
> -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";
> done

No work, i have this error:
At least one output file must be specified
./1.sh: riga 4: -c:v: comando non trovato
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Brainiarc7
On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 02:09, Michele Salerno <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Il giorno mar 15 ott 2019 alle ore 23:33 Dennis Mungai
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> > For usage, see:
> >
> > ffmpeg -h filter=scale_cuda
> >
> > On my build, I see:
> >
> > Filter scale_cuda
> >   GPU accelerated video resizer
> >     Inputs:
> >        #0: default (video)
> >     Outputs:
> >        #0: default (video)
> > cudascale AVOptions:
> >   w                 <string>     ..FV...... Output video width (default
> "iw")
> >   h                 <string>     ..FV...... Output video height (default
> "ih")
> >
> it's ok, i have reinstall OS and compile Driver and Cuda from bin
> (NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-430.50.run and cuda_10.1.243_418.87.00_linux.run)
> Compile ffmpeg with
> ./configure --enable-nonfree --enable-nvenc --enable-libx264
> --enable-gpl --enable-cuda --enable-cuvid --enable-cuda-nvcc
>
>
> > So with your command, substitute scale_npp with scale_cuda as shown:
> >
> > #!/bin/bash
> > for i in *.mp4; do
> >     ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -i "$i" -vf scale_cuda=720:-1
> > -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";
> > done
>
> First, run the command by hand before writing scripts. If that works, then
> proceed to adjust your script as needed.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Moritz Barsnick
In reply to this post by Michele Salerno
On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 01:08:37 +0200, Michele Salerno wrote:
> > #!/bin/bash
> > for i in *.mp4; do
> >     ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -i "$i" -vf scale_cuda=720:-1
> > -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";
> > done
>
> No work, i have this error:
> At least one output file must be specified
> ./1.sh: riga 4: -c:v: comando non trovato

This looks like you need to remove the newline between these lines:
    ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -i "$i" -vf scale_cuda=720:-1
-c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";

They are one command and need to be on one line.

Moritz
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Michele Salerno
Il giorno gio 17 ott 2019 alle ore 11:29 Moritz Barsnick
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

>
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 01:08:37 +0200, Michele Salerno wrote:
> > > #!/bin/bash
> > > for i in *.mp4; do
> > >     ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -i "$i" -vf scale_cuda=720:-1
> > > -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";
> > > done
> >
> > No work, i have this error:
> > At least one output file must be specified
> > ./1.sh: riga 4: -c:v: comando non trovato
>
> This looks like you need to remove the newline between these lines:
>     ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -i "$i" -vf scale_cuda=720:-1
> -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";
>
> They are one command and need to be on one line.
>
Thanks, i see...
but i have this error now:
Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter
'graph 0 input from stream 0:0' and the filter 'auto_scaler_0'
Error reinitializing filters!
Failed to inject frame into filter network: Function not implemented
Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0
[aac @ 0x55c2aefc8880] Qavg: 21991.418
[aac @ 0x55c2aefc8880] 2 frames left in the queue on closing
Conversion failed!
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Brainiarc7
On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 15:31, Michele Salerno <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Il giorno gio 17 ott 2019 alle ore 11:29 Moritz Barsnick
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 01:08:37 +0200, Michele Salerno wrote:
> > > > #!/bin/bash
> > > > for i in *.mp4; do
> > > >     ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -i "$i" -vf scale_cuda=720:-1
> > > > -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";
> > > > done
> > >
> > > No work, i have this error:
> > > At least one output file must be specified
> > > ./1.sh: riga 4: -c:v: comando non trovato
> >
> > This looks like you need to remove the newline between these lines:
> >     ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -i "$i" -vf scale_cuda=720:-1
> > -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";
> >
> > They are one command and need to be on one line.
> >
> Thanks, i see...
> but i have this error now:
> Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter
> 'graph 0 input from stream 0:0' and the filter 'auto_scaler_0'
> Error reinitializing filters!
> Failed to inject frame into filter network: Function not implemented
> Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0
> [aac @ 0x55c2aefc8880] Qavg: 21991.418
> [aac @ 0x55c2aefc8880] 2 frames left in the queue on closing
> Conversion failed!

My bad, try this:

 ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -hwaccel_output_format cuda -i "$i"
-vf scale_cuda=720:-1 -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";

That should fix the issue above.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Michele Salerno
Il giorno gio 17 ott 2019 alle ore 19:05 Dennis Mungai
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> My bad, try this:
>
>  ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -hwaccel_output_format cuda -i "$i"
> -vf scale_cuda=720:-1 -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";
>
> That should fix the issue above.
>
Driver does not support the required nvenc API version. Required: 9.1 Found: 9.0
[h264_nvenc @ 0x560d30a9b6c0] The minimum required Nvidia driver for
nvenc is 435.21 or newer
Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder
for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate,
rate, width or height

I have installed:
NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-430.50.run and cuda_10.1.243_418.87.00_linux.run
on debian buster-
i compled ffmpeg:
https://pastebin.com/WVPcZsCV
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Brainiarc7
On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 22:54, Michele Salerno <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Il giorno gio 17 ott 2019 alle ore 19:05 Dennis Mungai
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> >
> > My bad, try this:
> >
> >  ffmpeg -threads 8 -hwaccel nvdec -hwaccel_output_format cuda -i "$i"
> > -vf scale_cuda=720:-1 -c:v h264_nvenc -preset slow "convert/$i";
> >
> > That should fix the issue above.
> >
> Driver does not support the required nvenc API version. Required: 9.1
> Found: 9.0
> [h264_nvenc @ 0x560d30a9b6c0] The minimum required Nvidia driver for
> nvenc is 435.21 or newer
> Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder
> for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate,
> rate, width or height
>
> I have installed:
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-430.50.run and cuda_10.1.243_418.87.00_linux.run
> on debian buster-
> i compled ffmpeg:
> https://pastebin.com/WVPcZsCV
> _______________________________________________
>

You should not install the device driver bundled with the SDK, as it’s
quite dated. If you’re to use the latest ffmpeg with the current ffnvcodec
header package, then you must be using driver 435, at the very least.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Michele Salerno
Il giorno gio 17 ott 2019 alle ore 22:07 Dennis Mungai
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

>
> On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 22:54, Michele Salerno <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Il giorno gio 17 ott 2019 alle ore 19:05 Dennis Mungai
> > Driver does not support the required nvenc API version. Required: 9.1
> > Found: 9.0
> > [h264_nvenc @ 0x560d30a9b6c0] The minimum required Nvidia driver for
> > nvenc is 435.21 or newer
> > Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder
> > for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate,
> > rate, width or height
> >
> > I have installed:
> > NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-430.50.run and cuda_10.1.243_418.87.00_linux.run
> > on debian buster-
> > i compled ffmpeg:
> > https://pastebin.com/WVPcZsCV
> > _______________________________________________
> >
>
> You should not install the device driver bundled with the SDK, as it’s
> quite dated. If you’re to use the latest ffmpeg with the current ffnvcodec
> header package, then you must be using driver 435, at the very least.
>
You have the link?
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem ffmpeg with cuda and scale

Brainiarc7
On Fri, 18 Oct 2019 at 01:20, Michele Salerno <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Il giorno gio 17 ott 2019 alle ore 22:07 Dennis Mungai
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> >
> > On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 22:54, Michele Salerno <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Il giorno gio 17 ott 2019 alle ore 19:05 Dennis Mungai
> > > Driver does not support the required nvenc API version. Required: 9.1
> > > Found: 9.0
> > > [h264_nvenc @ 0x560d30a9b6c0] The minimum required Nvidia driver for
> > > nvenc is 435.21 or newer
> > > Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder
> > > for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate,
> > > rate, width or height
> > >
> > > I have installed:
> > > NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-430.50.run and cuda_10.1.243_418.87.00_linux.run
> > > on debian buster-
> > > i compled ffmpeg:
> > > https://pastebin.com/WVPcZsCV
> > > _______________________________________________
> > >
> >
> > You should not install the device driver bundled with the SDK, as it’s
> > quite dated. If you’re to use the latest ffmpeg with the current ffnvcodec
> > header package, then you must be using driver 435, at the very least.
> >
> You have the link?

You'll need to uninstall the driver that was installed by the CUDA SDK
and then install this:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/150803/en-us

You can purge the previous driver by running:

nvidia-installer --uninstall

Then restart your computer before installing the new driver. Good luck
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".