problem capture desktop

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

problem capture desktop

juan carlos rebate
Hello, I am trying to capture video and audio from a game in windows,
but since my pc does not have devices to do it (theoretically yes but
ffmpeg does not detect it), I installed some virtual devices but when
I call the command it gives me an error
fmpeg -f dshow -i video="screen-capture-recorder" -vcodec libx264 -r
25 -crf 10 -i audio="virtual-audio-capturer" -acodec mp3 output.mp4
ffmpeg version 4.2.3 Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 9.3.1 (GCC) 20200523
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-sdl2
--enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass
--enable-libdav1d --enable-libbluray --enable-libfreetype
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb
--enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus
--enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr
--enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvpx
--enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265
--enable-libxml2 --enable-libzimg --enable-lzma --enable-zlib
--enable-gmp --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis
--enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libmysofa --enable-libspeex
--enable-libxvid --enable-libaom --enable-libmfx --enable-amf
--enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuvid --enable-d3d11va --enable-nvenc
--enable-nvdec --enable-dxva2 --enable-avisynth --enable-libopenmpt
  libavutil      56. 31.100 / 56. 31.100
  libavcodec     58. 54.100 / 58. 54.100
  libavformat    58. 29.100 / 58. 29.100
  libavdevice    58.  8.100 / 58.  8.100
  libavfilter     7. 57.100 /  7. 57.100
  libswscale      5.  5.100 /  5.  5.100
  libswresample   3.  5.100 /  3.  5.100
  libpostproc    55.  5.100 / 55.  5.100
leaving aero onInput #0, dshow, from 'video=screen-capture-recorder':
  Duration: N/A, start: 8918.676000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0:0: Video: rawvideo, bgr0, 800x600, 30 fps, 30 tbr,
10000k tbn, 10000k tbc
Unknown decoder 'libx264'
the strange thing is that if I delete the part that refers to the
audio if the video codec recognizes me, what am I doing wrong?
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem capture desktop

Moritz Barsnick
Hi Juan Carlos,

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 20:00:44 +0200, Juan carlos Rebate wrote:
> fmpeg -f dshow -i video="screen-capture-recorder" -vcodec libx264 -r
> 25 -crf 10 -i audio="virtual-audio-capturer" -acodec mp3 output.mp4
[...]
> Unknown decoder 'libx264'
> the strange thing is that if I delete the part that refers to the
> audio if the video codec recognizes me, what am I doing wrong?

You need to specify your input options before the inputs, and your
output options before your outputs. By using "-vcodec libx264" before
your audio input, you are trying to tell ffmpeg to use libx264 to
decode the audio - which it cannot do.

You need to place "-vcodec libx264" after the inputs:
$ ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="screen-capture-recorder" -i audio="virtual-audio-capturer" -vcodec libx264 -r 25 -crf 10 -acodec mp3 output.mp4

Cheers,
Moritz
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem capture desktop

juan carlos rebate
ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="screen-capture-recorder" -i
audio="virtual-audio-capturer" -vcodec libx264 -r 25 -crf 10 -acodec
mp3 output.mp4
ffmpeg version 4.2.3 Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 9.3.1 (GCC) 20200523
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-sdl2
--enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass
--enable-libdav1d --enable-libbluray --enable-libfreetype
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb
--enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus
--enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr
--enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvpx
--enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265
--enable-libxml2 --enable-libzimg --enable-lzma --enable-zlib
--enable-gmp --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis
--enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libmysofa --enable-libspeex
--enable-libxvid --enable-libaom --enable-libmfx --enable-amf
--enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuvid --enable-d3d11va --enable-nvenc
--enable-nvdec --enable-dxva2 --enable-avisynth --enable-libopenmpt
  libavutil      56. 31.100 / 56. 31.100
  libavcodec     58. 54.100 / 58. 54.100
  libavformat    58. 29.100 / 58. 29.100
  libavdevice    58.  8.100 / 58.  8.100
  libavfilter     7. 57.100 /  7. 57.100
  libswscale      5.  5.100 /  5.  5.100
  libswresample   3.  5.100 /  3.  5.100
  libpostproc    55.  5.100 / 55.  5.100
leaving aero onInput #0, dshow, from 'video=screen-capture-recorder':
  Duration: N/A, start: 30647.479000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0:0: Video: rawvideo, bgr0, 800x600, 30 fps, 30 tbr,
10000k tbn, 10000k tbc
audio=virtual-audio-capturer: No such file or directory

El sáb., 17 oct. 2020 a las 23:18, Moritz Barsnick
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

>
> Hi Juan Carlos,
>
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 20:00:44 +0200, Juan carlos Rebate wrote:
> > fmpeg -f dshow -i video="screen-capture-recorder" -vcodec libx264 -r
> > 25 -crf 10 -i audio="virtual-audio-capturer" -acodec mp3 output.mp4
> [...]
> > Unknown decoder 'libx264'
> > the strange thing is that if I delete the part that refers to the
> > audio if the video codec recognizes me, what am I doing wrong?
>
> You need to specify your input options before the inputs, and your
> output options before your outputs. By using "-vcodec libx264" before
> your audio input, you are trying to tell ffmpeg to use libx264 to
> decode the audio - which it cannot do.
>
> You need to place "-vcodec libx264" after the inputs:
> $ ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="screen-capture-recorder" -i audio="virtual-audio-capturer" -vcodec libx264 -r 25 -crf 10 -acodec mp3 output.mp4
>
> Cheers,
> Moritz
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem capture desktop

Moritz Barsnick
On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 02:01:57 +0200, Juan carlos Rebate wrote:
> ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="screen-capture-recorder" -i
> audio="virtual-audio-capturer" -vcodec libx264 -r 25 -crf 10 -acodec
> mp3 output.mp4
[...]
> audio=virtual-audio-capturer: No such file or directory

And you have to tell ffmpeg that the second input is also dshow:

$ ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="screen-capture-recorder" -f dshow -i audio="virtual-audio-capturer" -vcodec libx264 -r 25 -crf 10 -acodec mp3 output.mp4

Moritz
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem capture desktop

juan carlos rebate
that way if but the resulting file is corrupt, it does not play.
it won't let me install obs says it is not recommended by microsoft

El dom., 18 oct. 2020 a las 18:18, Moritz Barsnick
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

>
> On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 02:01:57 +0200, Juan carlos Rebate wrote:
> > ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="screen-capture-recorder" -i
> > audio="virtual-audio-capturer" -vcodec libx264 -r 25 -crf 10 -acodec
> > mp3 output.mp4
> [...]
> > audio=virtual-audio-capturer: No such file or directory
>
> And you have to tell ffmpeg that the second input is also dshow:
>
> $ ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="screen-capture-recorder" -f dshow -i audio="virtual-audio-capturer" -vcodec libx264 -r 25 -crf 10 -acodec mp3 output.mp4
>
> Moritz
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem capture desktop

juan carlos rebate
They also don't sell ffmpeg and if you allow me to use it without
problems, I have checked the video track with ffprobe and I notice
something strange, is that correct?
Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High 4:4:4 Predictive) (avc1 /
0x31637661), yuv444p, 800x600, 935 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 12800 tbn, 50
tbc (default)
    Metadat

El dom., 18 oct. 2020 a las 19:33, Carl Zwanzig (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>
> On 10/18/2020 10:26 AM, Juan carlos Rebate wrote:
> > it won't let me install obs says it is not recommended by microsoft
>
> What won't let you install OBS? I've put it on a lot of machines. (And of
> course MS doesn't recommend it, they don't sell it.)
>
> z!
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem capture desktop

juan carlos rebate
I have already solved the problem, for those who want to solve
something similar, when you try to capture screen and audio you cannot
use the crf option, you must use the b: v option, now the question is
to play with that option to balance the size with the quality since
with b:v of 1300k and a resolution of 1080p it occupies 2 mb for 10
seconds

El dom., 18 oct. 2020 a las 20:12, Carl Zwanzig (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

>
> offlist
>
> On 10/18/2020 10:57 AM, Juan carlos Rebate wrote:
> > They also don't sell ffmpeg and if you allow me to use it without
> > problems,
>
> What problems are you having? I've installed obs on multiple windows
> machines, both win7 and win10, in the last couple of months. So have a fair
> number of me associates. If something is preventing you from installing,
> it's probable a setting on you machine. If nothing else, check your own
> username permissions; probably need admin to _install_ (ffmpeg generally
> doesn't need to be _installed_, just copy the executable over and run it,
> that's very different).
>
> > I have checked the video track with ffprobe and I notice
> > something strange, is that correct?
> > Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High 4:4:4 Predictive) (avc1 /
> > 0x31637661), yuv444p, 800x600, 935 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 12800 tbn, 50
>
> Does look a bit odd, but without the context, that might not be a problem.
>
>
> As with all ffmpeg problems, post the complete output and do -not- top-post
> replies.
>
> z!
>
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem capture desktop

Carl Zwanzig
On 10/18/2020 11:25 AM, Juan carlos Rebate wrote:
> I have already solved the problem, for those who want to solve...

(a) do not top post on this mailing list

> El dom., 18 oct. 2020 a las 20:12, Carl Zwanzig (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>> offlist


(b) DO NOT REPOST offlist messages!!!!! That's incredibly rude.

z!
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problem capture desktop

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
In reply to this post by juan carlos rebate
Am So., 18. Okt. 2020 um 19:58 Uhr schrieb Juan carlos Rebate
<[hidden email]>:

> They also don't sell ffmpeg and if you allow me to use it without
> problems, I have checked the video track with ffprobe and I notice
> something strange, is that correct?
> Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High 4:4:4 Predictive) (avc1 /
> 0x31637661), yuv444p, 800x600, 935 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 12800 tbn, 50
> tbc (default)

Only FFmpeg-based media players can play back H.264 4:4:4.

Please remember not to top-post here, Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".