But I don’t know how to use it, now. So, a few queries ...
1. What's the difference between profile options
slow, P7, and hq ?
i.e. which is the "best" quality (some all say hq and a couple also say multi-pass eg 2-pass) ?
I can’t easily locate any documentation.
2. How to combine and use the new options separately and/or in combination, to achieve "best" quality ?
i.e. which of the new options to use/combine/discard to maximize quality per the old h.264 options:
I am guessing some options are deprecated/superseded but do not know which ones.
3. Does this change mean -multiPass is only used for hevc ?
NV_ENC_MULTI_PASS multiPass; /**< [in]: This flag is used to enable multi-pass encoding for a given ::NV_ENC_PARAMS_RC_MODE. This flag is not valid for H264 and HEVC MEOnly mode */
4. Is there a table a table ranking of options for quality/speed so the user can choose which preset/options to use ?
5. Is there a link to an NVIDIA table showing models of cards vs "nvenc features enabled In ffmpeg" and what the target objectives are for each option ?