crop filter options

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

crop filter options

Yellow Penguin
It says in the docs for the "crop" filter, you can use "out_w" in "out_h"
and vice versa, but I can't get that to work. Anyone know if this is
actually not possible and a mistake in the docs? When I use the command
'ffmpeg -i test.mp4 -vf "crop=out_h:100:0:0" testout.mp4' I get the message
'Error when evaluating the expression 'out_h''

Obviously, this is a simplified version of the problem. I need a crop with
a size that is a tad complicated, but always square, so it would be nice to
calculate it only once.

Thanks in advance
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: crop filter options

Gyan


On 12-01-2020 07:01 pm, Yellow Penguin wrote:
> It says in the docs for the "crop" filter, you can use "out_w" in "out_h"
> and vice versa, but I can't get that to work. Anyone know if this is
> actually not possible and a mistake in the docs? When I use the command
> 'ffmpeg -i test.mp4 -vf "crop=out_h:100:0:0" testout.mp4' I get the message
> 'Error when evaluating the expression 'out_h''

There was a bug in the logic, which I corrected a month ago. Works now.
Get a current git build.

Gyan
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: crop filter options

Yellow Penguin
Thanks. That solved my issue, but I should note that you still can't use
'oh' in the expression for 'ow'. I can only do it the other way around. Ie,
"crop=100:ow:0:0" works fine, but "crop=oh:100:0:0" still gives me the same
error. That also happens if I explicitly name the options, and change the
order, defining 'oh' first. That's no problem for me, but it's a bit
inconsistent. And thanks in general. Your program is awesome. I appreciate
the work you guys put into it.

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 2:38 PM Gyan <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> On 12-01-2020 07:01 pm, Yellow Penguin wrote:
> > It says in the docs for the "crop" filter, you can use "out_w" in "out_h"
> > and vice versa, but I can't get that to work. Anyone know if this is
> > actually not possible and a mistake in the docs? When I use the command
> > 'ffmpeg -i test.mp4 -vf "crop=out_h:100:0:0" testout.mp4' I get the
> message
> > 'Error when evaluating the expression 'out_h''
>
> There was a bug in the logic, which I corrected a month ago. Works now.
> Get a current git build.
>
> Gyan
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: crop filter options

Gyan


On 12-01-2020 08:48 pm, Yellow Penguin wrote:
> Thanks. That solved my issue, but I should note that you still can't use
> 'oh' in the expression for 'ow'. I can only do it the other way around. Ie,
> "crop=100:ow:0:0" works fine, but "crop=oh:100:0:0" still gives me the same
> error. That also happens if I explicitly name the options, and change the
> order, defining 'oh' first.

'crop=oh:100:0:0' works after the fix. Make sure you downloaded the latest git build. No release (like 4.2.1) has it yet.

Gyan

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: crop filter options

Yellow Penguin
Yes. Confirmed. Sorry about that, I had an issue with one shell using a
cached ffmpeg binary, while the other one was using the fresh build. My bad.

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 4:30 PM Gyan <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> On 12-01-2020 08:48 pm, Yellow Penguin wrote:
> > Thanks. That solved my issue, but I should note that you still can't use
> > 'oh' in the expression for 'ow'. I can only do it the other way around.
> Ie,
> > "crop=100:ow:0:0" works fine, but "crop=oh:100:0:0" still gives me the
> same
> > error. That also happens if I explicitly name the options, and change the
> > order, defining 'oh' first.
>
> 'crop=oh:100:0:0' works after the fix. Make sure you downloaded the latest
> git build. No release (like 4.2.1) has it yet.
>
> Gyan
>
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".