create video from image

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

create video from image

juan carlos rebate
I already indicated in another email that since the release of ffmpeg
4.0 the project does not take seriously the work of updating the
documentation, no command posted in the different pages referring to the
project works correctly, in the previous one I tried to use a format
that according to you It was not supported anymore, but it is not
mentioned anywhere so I can not know if that is true, this time I have
errors trying to create a video from an image

ffmpeg -f image2 -i image.jpg -vcodec libx264 -b:v 200k -t 30 out.mp4
Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for
output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate,
width or heigh

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: create video from image

Carl Zwanzig
On 2/13/2019 1:15 PM, juan carlos wrote:
> I already indicated in another email that since the release of ffmpeg 4.0
> the project does not take seriously the work of updating the documentation,

AFAICT, ffmpeg seldom updates any doc that isn't auto-generated from the
source code. OTOH, it's free software.

And you probably know by now that a full command output is almost always
needed.


> ffmpeg -f image2 -i image.jpg -vcodec libx264 -b:v 200k -t 30 out.mp4
> Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for
> output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate,
> width or heigh
[no output included]

(The encoder doesn't know about the desired frame rate/etc; you need to
specify them. Look at the -target option; unfortunately the parameters it
actually sets are only documented in fftools/ffmpeg_opt.c).

z!

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: create video from image

Lou Logan
In reply to this post by juan carlos rebate
On Wed, Feb 13, 2019, at 12:23 PM, juan carlos wrote:
> I already indicated in another email that since the release of ffmpeg
> 4.0 the project does not take seriously the work of updating the
> documentation

I disagree with that statement. We are only volunteers and use our spare time to try to keep the large set of documentation accurate for a project with high development activity on an often complex subject matter. Nobody gets paid to do this and anyone is welcome and encouraged to send patches to help.

> no command posted in the different pages referring to the
> project works correctly,

Which commands, exactly? Where in the documentation? It would be much easier to fix if you tell us exactly what doesn't work and where you found it.

>  in the previous one I tried to use a format
> that according to you It was not supported anymore, but it is not
> mentioned anywhere so I can not know if that is true

The removal of ffserver stuff was incomplete. I will work on that.

> this time I have  errors trying to create a video from an image
>
> ffmpeg -f image2 -i image.jpg -vcodec libx264 -b:v 200k -t 30 out.mp4
> Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for
> output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate,
> width or heigh

I don't see your command, or a similar one, in the documentation. Where did you find it? Since you're commenting on the state of the documentation I assume you are indicating that your broken command is from the documentation.

As for your command, I'll assume the main problem is that you are not telling ffmpeg to loop the image. Also, your player may not like the resulting pixel format, so make it yuv420p. If you are presenting the output via progressive download add "-movflags +faststart" so your viewers don't have to wait as long for it to begin playback.

ffmpeg -loop 1 -i image.jpg -c:v libx264 -vf format=yuv420p -movflags +faststart -t 30 out.mp4

This is my attempt for an all-inclusive command for you since you did not provide any details or requirements. You may experience other errors or issues (such as "width/height not divisible by 2"), but since you did not include the complete console output I can't give you a turnkey, personally customized, cut-and-paste command for rote usage.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".