Unknown decoder 'libvpx-vp9'

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unknown decoder 'libvpx-vp9'

Ronnie Roller
I'm built ffmpeg 4.1 with libvpx 1.8.0.

Running "ffmpeg -vcodec libvpx -i vp9a.webm -pix_fmt rgba out/image_%d.png"
doesn't work because I need to use the libvpx-vp9 codec.

Running "ffmpeg -vcodec libvpx-vp9 -i vp9a.webm -pix_fmt rgba
out/image_%d.png" results with:

Unknown decoder 'libvpx-vp9'

I can't find any resources that show how to get the decoder 'libvpx-vp9' to
work. It does work if I brew install ffmpeg (but brew is not an option for
me).

Any idea how to get the libvpx-vp9 decoder enabled?

Here's how I built:

cd libvpx-1.8.0 && \
./configure \
make && \
make install

./configure \
    --enable-gpl \
    --enable-libx264 \
    --enable-libx265 \
    --enable-libwebp \
    --enable-librsvg \
    --enable-libvorbis \
    --enable-libvpx \
    --disable-network && \
make -j12 && \
make install-progs
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unknown decoder 'libvpx-vp9'

Reindl Harald


Am 07.02.19 um 22:58 schrieb Ronnie Roller:

> I'm built ffmpeg 4.1 with libvpx 1.8.0.
>
> Running "ffmpeg -vcodec libvpx -i vp9a.webm -pix_fmt rgba out/image_%d.png"
> doesn't work because I need to use the libvpx-vp9 codec.
>
> Running "ffmpeg -vcodec libvpx-vp9 -i vp9a.webm -pix_fmt rgba
> out/image_%d.png" results with:
>
> Unknown decoder 'libvpx-vp9'
>
> I can't find any resources that show how to get the decoder 'libvpx-vp9' to
> work. It does work if I brew install ffmpeg (but brew is not an option for
> me).
>
> Any idea how to get the libvpx-vp9 decoder enabled?

by just install a recent libvpnx which "brew" obviously is using?
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unknown decoder 'libvpx-vp9'

Ronnie Roller
I did install the very latest version. 1.8.0. No luck.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 2:10 PM Reindl Harald <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> Am 07.02.19 um 22:58 schrieb Ronnie Roller:
> > I'm built ffmpeg 4.1 with libvpx 1.8.0.
> >
> > Running "ffmpeg -vcodec libvpx -i vp9a.webm -pix_fmt rgba
> out/image_%d.png"
> > doesn't work because I need to use the libvpx-vp9 codec.
> >
> > Running "ffmpeg -vcodec libvpx-vp9 -i vp9a.webm -pix_fmt rgba
> > out/image_%d.png" results with:
> >
> > Unknown decoder 'libvpx-vp9'
> >
> > I can't find any resources that show how to get the decoder 'libvpx-vp9'
> to
> > work. It does work if I brew install ffmpeg (but brew is not an option
> for
> > me).
> >
> > Any idea how to get the libvpx-vp9 decoder enabled?
>
> by just install a recent libvpnx which "brew" obviously is using?
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ffmpeg.org_mailman_listinfo_ffmpeg-2Duser&d=DwIGaQ&c=ncDTmphkJTvjIDPh0hpF_w&r=UVqoIrWMFL-5Ru38ZM-Cy8DwIosRRK7dPDcYfAQq2aI&m=heCl25HRL9PsTcP4fRt86WycKOEUDEolteuKyGVFxR0&s=_sY808HiSZFgCVRPy8qRnaW9VtKTa-bAnWT-UauX77Q&e=
>
> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unknown decoder 'libvpx-vp9'

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
In reply to this post by Reindl Harald
> Am 07.02.19 um 22:58 schrieb Ronnie Roller:
> I'm built ffmpeg 4.1

Which unfortunately is not supported here.

Did you see http://ffmpeg.org/download.html where you
can find a link to a kind supporter who offers FFmpeg binaries?

Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unknown decoder 'libvpx-vp9'

Moritz Barsnick
In reply to this post by Ronnie Roller
On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 13:58:20 -0800, Ronnie Roller wrote:
> Any idea how to get the libvpx-vp9 decoder enabled?
>
> Here's how I built:
>
> cd libvpx-1.8.0 && \

This is new enough, according to ./configure. (It checks for >=
1.4.0. I use 1.5.x and get the encoder libvpx-vp9.)

> ./configure \
>     --enable-gpl \
>     --enable-libx264 \
>     --enable-libx265 \
>     --enable-libwebp \
>     --enable-librsvg \
>     --enable-libvorbis \
>     --enable-libvpx \
>     --disable-network && \

You should have a look at config.log. Search for vp9 and try to figure
out whether vp9 support was actually enabled.

Moritz
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unknown decoder 'libvpx-vp9'

Reindl Harald
In reply to this post by Carl Eugen Hoyos-2


Am 07.02.19 um 23:29 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> Am 07.02.19 um 22:58 schrieb Ronnie Roller:
>> I'm built ffmpeg 4.1
>
> Which unfortunately is not supported here

puke
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unknown decoder 'libvpx-vp9'

Ronnie Roller
Just following up here in hopes it helps anyone who might run across this.

I'm compiling both libvpx and ffmpeg from source. I needed to include
--extra-libs="-lpthread -lm" to the ./configure of ffmpeg, without that,
libvpx-vp9 wasn't picked up.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 2:44 PM Reindl Harald <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> Am 07.02.19 um 23:29 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> >> Am 07.02.19 um 22:58 schrieb Ronnie Roller:
> >> I'm built ffmpeg 4.1
> >
> > Which unfortunately is not supported here
>
> puke
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ffmpeg.org_mailman_listinfo_ffmpeg-2Duser&d=DwIGaQ&c=ncDTmphkJTvjIDPh0hpF_w&r=UVqoIrWMFL-5Ru38ZM-Cy8DwIosRRK7dPDcYfAQq2aI&m=0HjDHUVb6Y0fayrWz3f9yzMfmUq5uAYnl85g_Rr-Kg8&s=X3-q0Y8piZXOrn6B8M1OpdZwn0JieGR8WVGEP0nyH2Q&e=
>
> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".