How to terminate cleanly a recording on Windows

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to terminate cleanly a recording on Windows

Verachten Bruno
Hi there,

I'm trying to record lots of small wav files to give to PocketSphinx for
adaptation.
My command looks like this:
ffmpeg.exe -f dshow -i audio="Microphone sur casque (2- Plant" -acodec
pcm_s16le -ac 1 -ar 16000 1.wav

I haven't tried this particular command under Linux, but usually hitting
"q" ends the recording properly.
On Windows, "q" seems to do nothing, and CTRL+C ends the process, but not
at the right time. Most of the time, I miss the end of the recording. My
recordings are just a few seconds long.

Would there be any clever way to end properly the recording on Windows?
ffmpeg version git-2020-06-08-d29aaf1 Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg
developers
  built with gcc 9.3.1 (GCC) 20200523
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-sdl2
--enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass
--enable-libdav1d --enable-libbluray --enable-libfreetype
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb
--enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy
--enable-libsoxr --enable-libsrt --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame
--enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264
--enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libzimg --enable-lzma
--enable-zlib --enable-gmp --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvmaf
--enable-libvorbis --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libmysofa
--enable-libspeex --enable-libxvid --enable-libaom --disable-w32threads
--enable-libmfx --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid
--enable-d3d11va --enable-nvenc --enable-nvdec --enable-dxva2
--enable-avisynth --enable-libopenmpt --enable-amf
  libavutil      56. 50.100 / 56. 50.100
  libavcodec     58. 90.100 / 58. 90.100
  libavformat    58. 44.100 / 58. 44.100
  libavdevice    58.  9.103 / 58.  9.103
  libavfilter     7. 84.100 /  7. 84.100
  libswscale      5.  6.101 /  5.  6.101
  libswresample   3.  6.100 /  3.  6.100
  libpostproc    55.  6.100 / 55.  6.100
Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream #0.0 : stereo
Input #0, dshow, from 'audio=Microphone sur casque (2- Plant':
  Duration: N/A, start: 99694.804000, bitrate: 1411 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 1411 kb/s
File '1.wav' already exists. Overwrite? [y/N] Y
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (pcm_s16le (native) -> pcm_s16le (native))
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
Output #0, wav, to '1.wav':
  Metadata:
    ISFT            : Lavf58.44.100
    Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s16le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 16000 Hz, mono,
s16, 256 kb/s
    Metadata:
      encoder         : Lavc58.90.100 pcm_s16le
size=     512kB time=00:00:16.49 bitrate= 254.3kbits/s speed= 1.1x

Thanks.

--
Bruno Verachten
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to terminate cleanly a recording on Windows

Matteo Contrini
On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, at 12:05 PM, Verachten Bruno wrote:
> I haven't tried this particular command under Linux, but usually hitting
> "q" ends the recording properly.
> On Windows, "q" seems to do nothing, and CTRL+C ends the process, but not
> at the right time. Most of the time, I miss the end of the recording. My
> recordings are just a few seconds long.

I've just tried your command on Windows 10 version 2004 with Windows Terminal 1.0.1401.0 and I have no problems. Pressing 'q' ends the recording correctly.

Which terminal/console are you using?

--
Matteo
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to terminate cleanly a recording on Windows

Verachten Bruno
Thanks for trying Matteo,

I'm using Cygwin on Windows 7.
I will give a try at cmd.exe.

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 11:28 AM Matteo Contrini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, at 12:05 PM, Verachten Bruno wrote:
> > I haven't tried this particular command under Linux, but usually hitting
> > "q" ends the recording properly.
> > On Windows, "q" seems to do nothing, and CTRL+C ends the process, but not
> > at the right time. Most of the time, I miss the end of the recording. My
> > recordings are just a few seconds long.
>
> I've just tried your command on Windows 10 version 2004 with Windows
> Terminal 1.0.1401.0 and I have no problems. Pressing 'q' ends the recording
> correctly.
>
> Which terminal/console are you using?
>
> --
> Matteo
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".



--
Bruno Verachten
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to terminate cleanly a recording on Windows

Verachten Bruno
The audio device does not have the same name under cmd.exe, but the "q" key
worked.
C:\Utilisateurs\fr20445>ffmpeg.exe -f dshow -i audio="Réseau de microphones
(Rea
ltek " -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 1 -ar 16000 1.wav
ffmpeg version N-50911-g9efcfbe Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg
developers
  built on Mar 13 2013 21:26:48 with gcc 4.7.2 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads
--enable-av
isynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls
--enab
le-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype
--enable-libg
sm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb
--enable-libo
pencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp
--enable-li
bschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora
--enable-lib
twolame --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis
--enabl
e-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
  libavutil      52. 19.100 / 52. 19.100
  libavcodec     55.  0.100 / 55.  0.100
  libavformat    55.  0.100 / 55.  0.100
  libavdevice    54.  4.100 / 54.  4.100
  libavfilter     3. 45.103 /  3. 45.103
  libswscale      2.  2.100 /  2.  2.100
  libswresample   0. 17.102 /  0. 17.102
  libpostproc    52.  2.100 / 52.  2.100
[dshow @ 020bab80] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
Guessed Channel Layout for  Input Stream #0.0 : stereo
Input #0, dshow, from 'audio=R├®seau de microphones (Realtek ':
  Duration: N/A, start: 53125.388000, bitrate: 1411 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 1411 kb/s
Output #0, wav, to '1.wav':
  Metadata:
    ISFT            : Lavf55.0.100
    Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s16le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 16000 Hz, mono,
s16,
256 kb/s
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (pcm_s16le -> pcm_s16le)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
size=     234kB time=00:00:07.51 bitrate= 255.6kbits/s
video:0kB audio:234kB subtitle:0 global headers:0kB muxing overhead
0.033338%

Thanks a bunch.

Bruno

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 10:28 AM Verachten Bruno <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for trying Matteo,
>
> I'm using Cygwin on Windows 7.
> I will give a try at cmd.exe.
>
> On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 11:28 AM Matteo Contrini <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, at 12:05 PM, Verachten Bruno wrote:
>> > I haven't tried this particular command under Linux, but usually hitting
>> > "q" ends the recording properly.
>> > On Windows, "q" seems to do nothing, and CTRL+C ends the process, but
>> not
>> > at the right time. Most of the time, I miss the end of the recording. My
>> > recordings are just a few seconds long.
>>
>> I've just tried your command on Windows 10 version 2004 with Windows
>> Terminal 1.0.1401.0 and I have no problems. Pressing 'q' ends the recording
>> correctly.
>>
>> Which terminal/console are you using?
>>
>> --
>> Matteo
>> _______________________________________________
>> ffmpeg-user mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>>
>> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
>> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
>
>
>
> --
> Bruno Verachten
>


--
Bruno Verachten
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".