How to have a secure UDP BroadCast

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to have a secure UDP BroadCast

hassan shatnawi
Dears,

How to have a secure connection with username and password while
broadcasting "UPD"

I've use this command

ffmpeg -f dshow -video_size 1280x720 -rtbufsize 702000K -framerate 30
-i video="Video (00-0 Pro Capture Quad HDMI)" -r 30 -threads 4 -vcodec
libx264 -crf 0 -preset ultrafast -f mpegts
"udp://username:password@192.168.1.12:6666"

but it didn't work can you advice me plz.

Thanks in advance.

*Hassan Shatnawi*
Software Developer

*Software Development Department*



*Haupshy Establishment for Electronics*

Al Madina Al Monawara St. bld 31 | P.O.Box 6875 Amman 11118, Jordan.

*T: *+962 6 5820 927* | F: *+962 6 5820 926* | M: *+962 78 5792 096

*E*: [hidden email] *|* www.haupshy.com
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to have a secure UDP BroadCast

rogerdpack2
I don't think UDP can have passwords can it?

On 10/2/17, hassan shatnawi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dears,
>
> How to have a secure connection with username and password while
> broadcasting "UPD"
>
> I've use this command
>
> ffmpeg -f dshow -video_size 1280x720 -rtbufsize 702000K -framerate 30
> -i video="Video (00-0 Pro Capture Quad HDMI)" -r 30 -threads 4 -vcodec
> libx264 -crf 0 -preset ultrafast -f mpegts
> "udp://username:password@192.168.1.12:6666"
>
> but it didn't work can you advice me plz.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> *Hassan Shatnawi*
> Software Developer
>
> *Software Development Department*
>
>
>
> *Haupshy Establishment for Electronics*
>
> Al Madina Al Monawara St. bld 31 | P.O.Box 6875 Amman 11118, Jordan.
>
> *T: *+962 6 5820 927* | F: *+962 6 5820 926* | M: *+962 78 5792 096
>
> *E*: [hidden email] *|* www.haupshy.com
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to have a secure UDP BroadCast

alexdjca
In reply to this post by hassan shatnawi
You simply cannot. UDP delivery is not meant to do that.

There are other protocols that support authentication 😊
If you provide a little bit more about what are your needs I can suggest some.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-user <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of hassan shatnawi
Sent: 02 October 2017 09:12
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [FFmpeg-user] How to have a secure UDP BroadCast

Dears,

How to have a secure connection with username and password while broadcasting "UPD"

I've use this command

ffmpeg -f dshow -video_size 1280x720 -rtbufsize 702000K -framerate 30 -i video="Video (00-0 Pro Capture Quad HDMI)" -r 30 -threads 4 -vcodec
libx264 -crf 0 -preset ultrafast -f mpegts "udp://username:password@192.168.1.12:6666"

but it didn't work can you advice me plz.

Thanks in advance.

*Hassan Shatnawi*
Software Developer

*Software Development Department*



*Haupshy Establishment for Electronics*

Al Madina Al Monawara St. bld 31 | P.O.Box 6875 Amman 11118, Jordan.

*T: *+962 6 5820 927* | F: *+962 6 5820 926* | M: *+962 78 5792 096

*E*: [hidden email] *|* www.haupshy.com _______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to have a secure UDP BroadCast

Brainiarc7
On Wed, 19 Aug 2020, 11:53 Alessandro Molon, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> You simply cannot. UDP delivery is not meant to do that.
>
> There are other protocols that support authentication 😊
> If you provide a little bit more about what are your needs I can suggest
> some.
>
> Alex
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: ffmpeg-user <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of hassan
> shatnawi
> Sent: 02 October 2017 09:12
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [FFmpeg-user] How to have a secure UDP BroadCast
>
> Dears,
>
> How to have a secure connection with username and password while
> broadcasting "UPD"
>
> I've use this command
>
> ffmpeg -f dshow -video_size 1280x720 -rtbufsize 702000K -framerate 30 -i
> video="Video (00-0 Pro Capture Quad HDMI)" -r 30 -threads 4 -vcodec
> libx264 -crf 0 -preset ultrafast -f mpegts "udp://
> username:password@192.168.1.12:6666"
>
> but it didn't work can you advice me plz.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> *Hassan Shatnawi*
> Software Developer
>
> *Software Development Department*
>
>
>
> *Haupshy Establishment for Electronics*
>
> Al Madina Al Monawara St. bld 31 | P.O.Box 6875 Amman 11118, Jordan.
>
> *T: *+962 6 5820 927* | F: *+962 6 5820 926* | M: *+962 78 5792 096
>
> *E*: [hidden email] *|* www.haupshy.com
> _______________________________________________
>


The closest there is to your requirements, ie:

(a). A container format with support for timestamps such as mpegts

(b). Capabilities similar to UDP

Would be Haivision's SRT, which FFmpeg supports if enabled on build time
via --enable-libsrt.

SRT allows for optional encryption, whose details can be viewed via ffmpeg
-h protocol=srt.

Note that depending on your application requirements, you'll need to ensure
that your receiver can handle SRT input, OR use FFmpeg to handle SRT TX and
Rx in the network segment where such content security is desired.

Hope that helps.

>
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to have a secure UDP BroadCast

alexdjca
I would go for SRT as well.

It doesn't have a proper username/password method, but the passphrase mechanism implement should suffice.
In addition to this it can also compensate a lot of network issues between transmitter and receiver that couldn't be compensated by UDP, and doesn't add a lot of latency like other authenticated protocols like RTMP or HLS.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-user <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of Dennis Mungai
Sent: 19 August 2020 10:05
To: FFmpeg user questions <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] How to have a secure UDP BroadCast

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020, 11:53 Alessandro Molon, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> You simply cannot. UDP delivery is not meant to do that.
>
> There are other protocols that support authentication 😊
> If you provide a little bit more about what are your needs I can
> suggest some.
>
> Alex
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: ffmpeg-user <[hidden email]> On Behalf Of hassan
> shatnawi
> Sent: 02 October 2017 09:12
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [FFmpeg-user] How to have a secure UDP BroadCast
>
> Dears,
>
> How to have a secure connection with username and password while
> broadcasting "UPD"
>
> I've use this command
>
> ffmpeg -f dshow -video_size 1280x720 -rtbufsize 702000K -framerate 30
> -i video="Video (00-0 Pro Capture Quad HDMI)" -r 30 -threads 4 -vcodec
> libx264 -crf 0 -preset ultrafast -f mpegts "udp://
> username:password@192.168.1.12:6666"
>
> but it didn't work can you advice me plz.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> *Hassan Shatnawi*
> Software Developer
>
> *Software Development Department*
>
>
>
> *Haupshy Establishment for Electronics*
>
> Al Madina Al Monawara St. bld 31 | P.O.Box 6875 Amman 11118, Jordan.
>
> *T: *+962 6 5820 927* | F: *+962 6 5820 926* | M: *+962 78 5792 096
>
> *E*: [hidden email] *|* www.haupshy.com
> _______________________________________________
>


The closest there is to your requirements, ie:

(a). A container format with support for timestamps such as mpegts

(b). Capabilities similar to UDP

Would be Haivision's SRT, which FFmpeg supports if enabled on build time via --enable-libsrt.

SRT allows for optional encryption, whose details can be viewed via ffmpeg -h protocol=srt.

Note that depending on your application requirements, you'll need to ensure that your receiver can handle SRT input, OR use FFmpeg to handle SRT TX and Rx in the network segment where such content security is desired.

Hope that helps.

>
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to have a secure UDP BroadCast

Nicolas George
In reply to this post by Brainiarc7
Dennis Mungai (12020-08-19):
> (b). Capabilities similar to UDP
>
> Would be Haivision's SRT, which FFmpeg supports if enabled on build time
> via --enable-libsrt.

Does SRT support any kind of broadcast, like requested by the original
question?

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to have a secure UDP BroadCast

Moritz Barsnick
On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 11:41:36 +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> Dennis Mungai (12020-08-19):
> > (b). Capabilities similar to UDP
> >
> > Would be Haivision's SRT, which FFmpeg supports if enabled on build time
> > via --enable-libsrt.
>
> Does SRT support any kind of broadcast, like requested by the original
> question?

The original question mentions "broadcast", but in the sense which we
understand? There's neither "-broadcast" on the command line, nor does
the UDP URI specify a broadcast IPv4 address - it's a unicast command
line.

Perhaps the original poster meant "broadcast" in the sense of
"sending"?

Moritz
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to have a secure UDP BroadCast

Carl Zwanzig
On 8/19/2020 5:22 AM, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> Perhaps the original poster meant "broadcast" in the sense of
> "sending"?

I suspect that's the case- not broadcast in the networking sense.

z!
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".