How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Ulf Zibis
Hi,

I want to extract JPEG pictures from a MPEG-Video, one per minute.

Can one give me some hints for an appropriate ffmpeg command?

-Ulf

--
Von meinem Seibert gesendet

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
2018-12-17 22:48 GMT+01:00, Ulf Zibis <[hidden email]>:

> I want to extract JPEG pictures from a MPEG-Video, one per minute.
>
> Can one give me some hints for an appropriate ffmpeg command?

There is a select filter, as an alternative you can use the output
option "-r" with a fraction as operand, "-r 1/60".

Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Ulf Zibis
Much thanks!

Am 17.12.18 um 22:52 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>
> There is a select filter, as an alternative you can use the output
> option "-r" with a fraction as operand, "-r 1/60".

With
ffmpeg -i CYD.mp4 -vf select='not(mod(n\,1500))' CYD_%03d.jpg
I got 150,000 pictures with reduced quality (~12 kB). Weird!!!

But with
ffmpeg -i CYD.mp4 -r  1/60 CYD_%03d.jpg
I got 78 pictures with good quality (~70 kB).
Picture CYD_001.jpg and CYD_002.jpg were black, CYD_003.jpg was frame
00:00:53. Also a little weird, the video is 1:16:20 long. but I can live
with that.

-Ulf

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Lou Logan
On Wed, Dec 19, 2018, at 12:17 PM, Ulf Zibis wrote:
>
> ffmpeg -i CYD.mp4 -vf select='not(mod(n\,1500))' CYD_%03d.jpg
> I got 150,000 pictures with reduced quality (~12 kB). Weird!!!

Add "-vsync vfr -q:v 2" output options.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
In reply to this post by Ulf Zibis
2018-12-19 22:17 GMT+01:00, Ulf Zibis <[hidden email]>:

> But with
> ffmpeg -i CYD.mp4 -r  1/60 CYD_%03d.jpg
> I got 78 pictures with good quality (~70 kB).
> Picture CYD_001.jpg and CYD_002.jpg were black, CYD_003.jpg
> was frame 00:00:53. Also a little weird, the video is 1:16:20 long.

This is the disadvantage of using "-r", select is more accurate.

Sorry about the missing "-vsync vfr", Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Ulf Zibis

Am 20.12.18 um 00:07 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> 2018-12-19 22:17 GMT+01:00, Ulf Zibis <[hidden email]>:
>
>> But with
>> ffmpeg -i CYD.mp4 -r 1/60 CYD_%03d.jpg
>> I got 78 pictures with good quality (~70 kB).
>> Picture CYD_001.jpg and CYD_002.jpg were black, CYD_003.jpg
>> was frame 00:00:53. Also a little weird, the video is 1:16:20 long.
> This is the disadvantage of using "-r", select is more accurate.

With corrected select I still get 1 black picture and CYD_002.jpg is
frame 00:00:54, and so I still get 77 instead 76 pictures.

> Sorry about the missing "-vsync vfr", Carl Eugen

I forgive you ;-)

I just copied and adapted the select example from the docu, there was
nothing said about "-vsync vfr".

-Ulf

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
2018-12-20 1:18 GMT+01:00, Ulf Zibis <[hidden email]>:

>
> Am 20.12.18 um 00:07 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> 2018-12-19 22:17 GMT+01:00, Ulf Zibis <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> But with
>>> ffmpeg -i CYD.mp4 -r 1/60 CYD_%03d.jpg
>>> I got 78 pictures with good quality (~70 kB).
>>> Picture CYD_001.jpg and CYD_002.jpg were black, CYD_003.jpg
>>> was frame 00:00:53. Also a little weird, the video is 1:16:20 long.
>> This is the disadvantage of using "-r", select is more accurate.
>
> With corrected select I still get 1 black picture and CYD_002.jpg is
> frame 00:00:54, and so I still get 77 instead 76 pictures.

Command line and complete, uncut console output missing / I
suspect your video does not start at "0".

Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Ulf Zibis

Am 20.12.18 um 01:20 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Command line and complete, uncut console output missing / I
> suspect your video does not start at "0".


Here it is:

$ ffmpeg -i CYD_atadenoise_H.264_mp3-q4.mp4 -vf
select='not(mod(n\,1500))' -vsync vfr -q:v 2 CYD_atadenoise_1%03d.jpg
ffmpeg version 3.4.4-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg
developers
  built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu 7.3.0-16ubuntu3)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=0ubuntu0.18.04.1
--toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
--incdir=/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-gpl --disable-stripping
--enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa
--enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca
--enable-libcdio --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig
--enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg
--enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse
--enable-librubberband --enable-librsvg --enable-libshine
--enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh
--enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis
--enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265
--enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi
--enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2
--enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883
--enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264
--enable-shared
  libavutil      55. 78.100 / 55. 78.100
  libavcodec     57.107.100 / 57.107.100
  libavformat    57. 83.100 / 57. 83.100
  libavdevice    57. 10.100 / 57. 10.100
  libavfilter     6.107.100 /  6.107.100
  libavresample   3.  7.  0 /  3.  7.  0
  libswscale      4.  8.100 /  4.  8.100
  libswresample   2.  9.100 /  2.  9.100
  libpostproc    54.  7.100 / 54.  7.100
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'CYD_atadenoise_H.264_mp3-q4.mp4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : isom
    minor_version   : 512
    compatible_brands: isomiso2avc1mp41
    encoder         : Lavf57.83.100
  Duration: 01:16:20.42, start: -0.120000, bitrate: 1403 kb/s
    Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p,
704x576 [SAR 12:11 DAR 4:3], 1276 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 12800 tbn, 50
tbc (default)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : VideoHandler
    Stream #0:1(und): Audio: mp3 (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, stereo,
s16p, 119 kb/s (default)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : SoundHandler
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 (native) -> mjpeg (native))
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
[swscaler @ 0x55a95987e280] deprecated pixel format used, make sure you
did set range correctly
Output #0, image2, to 'CYD_atadenoise_1%03d.jpg':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : isom
    minor_version   : 512
    compatible_brands: isomiso2avc1mp41
    encoder         : Lavf57.83.100
    Stream #0:0(und): Video: mjpeg, yuvj420p(pc), 704x576 [SAR 12:11 DAR
4:3], q=2-31, 200 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbn, 25 tbc (default)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : VideoHandler
      encoder         : Lavc57.107.100 mjpeg
    Side data:
      cpb: bitrate max/min/avg: 0/0/200000 buffer size: 0 vbv_delay: -1
frame=    2 fps=0.7 q=2.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.16 bitrate=N/A
speed=0.0528x   frame=    2 fps=0.6 q=2.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.16
bitrate=N/A speed=0.0453x   frame=    2 fps=0.5 q=2.0 size=N/A
time=00:00:00.16 bitrate=N/A speed=0.0397x   frame=    2 fps=0.4 q=2.0
size=N/A time=00:00:00.16 bitrate=N/A speed=0.0353x   frame=    2
fps=0.4 q=2.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.16 bitrate=N/A speed=0.0318x  
frame=    2 fps=0.4 q=2.0 size=N/A time=00:00:00.16 bitrate=N/A
speed=0.0289x   frame=   77 fps=0.2 q=2.0 Lsize=N/A time=01:16:00.16
bitrate=N/A speed=11.6x   
video:3304kB audio:0kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB
muxing overhead: unknown

-Ulf

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Ulf Zibis
In reply to this post by Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
Hi again,

Am 20.12.18 um 01:20 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> I suspect your video does not start at "0".

You may be right, so I'm wondering why. To find this out, I describe how
I created the video:

The DVD was recorded by a hardware DVD-Recorder from the original VHS
cassette several years ago by somebody unknown. I only have the DVD,
which has several format errors, so it only can be played by a hardware
DVD-Player or with VLC, other players report read errors. So I first
ripped the DVD with dvd::rip. As result I got 23 VOB snippets, which
were a kind of corrupted, as no player could display the snippets
without errors. Then I concatenated them to 1 file with:
ffmpeg -ss 00:03 -t 01:16:20 -i
"concat:001-C001/CYD-001.vob|001-C002/CYD-001.vob|001-C003/CYD-001.vob|001-C004/CYD-001.vob|001-C005/CYD-001.vob|001-C006/CYD-001.vob|001-C007/CYD-001.vob|001-C008/CYD-001.vob|001-C009/CYD-001.vob|001-C010/CYD-001.vob|001-C011/CYD-001.vob|001-C012/CYD-001.vob|001-C013/CYD-001.vob|001-C014/CYD-001.vob|001-C015/CYD-001.vob|001-C016/CYD-001.vob|001-C017/CYD-001.vob|001-C018/CYD-001.vob|001-C019/CYD-001.vob|001-C020/CYD-001.vob|001-C021/CYD-001.vob|001-C022/CYD-001.vob|001-C023/CYD-001.vob"
-movflags +faststart -c copy /media/Sicherung/Filme/CYD/ffmpeg/CYD_copy.vob
The result was playable. In the console I saw a lot of sync and other
errors which seemed to be corrected by ffmpeg.

Then I filtered the video and converted it to MPEG-4 with H.264 and Lame
codecs:
ffmpeg -i CYD_copy.vob -movflags +faststart -vf atadenoise -c:v libx264
-c:a libmp3lame -q:a 4 CYD_atadenoise_H.264_mp3-q4.mp4
In the console I still saw some of sync and other errors.

From this file I extracted the JPEGs with:
ffmpeg -i CYD_atadenoise_H.264_mp3-q4.mp4 -vf select='not(mod(n\,1500))'
-vsync vfr -q:v 2 CYD_atadenoise_1%03d.jpg

Can you give me some hints, how I can assure, that my files are
error-free and will start at "0"?

Thanks

-Ulf

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
2018-12-20 15:48 GMT+01:00, Ulf Zibis <[hidden email]>:

> Hi again,
>
> Am 20.12.18 um 01:20 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> I suspect your video does not start at "0".
>
> You may be right, so I'm wondering why. To find this out, I describe how
> I created the video:
>
> The DVD was recorded by a hardware DVD-Recorder from the original VHS
> cassette several years ago by somebody unknown. I only have the DVD,
> which has several format errors, so it only can be played by a hardware
> DVD-Player or with VLC, other players report read errors. So I first
> ripped the DVD with dvd::rip. As result I got 23 VOB snippets, which
> were a kind of corrupted, as no player could display the snippets
> without errors. Then I concatenated them to 1 file with:
> ffmpeg -ss 00:03 -t 01:16:20 -i
> "concat:001-C001/CYD-001.vob|001-C002/CYD-001.vob|001-C003/CYD-001.vob|001-C004/CYD-001.vob|001-C005/CYD-001.vob|001-C006/CYD-001.vob|001-C007/CYD-001.vob|001-C008/CYD-001.vob|001-C009/CYD-001.vob|001-C010/CYD-001.vob|001-C011/CYD-001.vob|001-C012/CYD-001.vob|001-C013/CYD-001.vob|001-C014/CYD-001.vob|001-C015/CYD-001.vob|001-C016/CYD-001.vob|001-C017/CYD-001.vob|001-C018/CYD-001.vob|001-C019/CYD-001.vob|001-C020/CYD-001.vob|001-C021/CYD-001.vob|001-C022/CYD-001.vob|001-C023/CYD-001.vob"
> -movflags +faststart -c copy /media/Sicherung/Filme/CYD/ffmpeg/CYD_copy.vob
> The result was playable. In the console I saw a lot of sync and other
> errors which seemed to be corrected by ffmpeg.

I believe that the sync errors indicate that concatenation is not the
right way here.
Did you try mplayer -dumpstream?

Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Ulf Zibis
Hi,

Am 23.12.18 um 00:11 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> I believe that the sync errors indicate that concatenation is not the
> right way here.
> Did you try mplayer -dumpstream?

No, but now I tried:
mplayer -dumpstream 001-C001/CYD-001.vob 001-C002/CYD-001.vob ...

But this only dumps the first file. I also tried with {...} according
the manpage:
mplayer [options] {list of files and options}

Nothing is working, do you have a hint?

-Ulf
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Ulf Zibis

A polite ping ...


Am 23.12.18 um 16:46 schrieb Ulf Zibis:

> Hi,
>
> Am 23.12.18 um 00:11 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> I believe that the sync errors indicate that concatenation is not the
>> right way here.
>> Did you try mplayer -dumpstream?
> No, but now I tried:
> mplayer -dumpstream 001-C001/CYD-001.vob 001-C002/CYD-001.vob ...
>
> But this only dumps the first file. I also tried with {...} according
> the manpage:
> mplayer [options] {list of files and options}
>
> Nothing is working, do you have a hint?
>
> -Ulf
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
In reply to this post by Ulf Zibis


> Am 23.12.2018 um 16:46 schrieb Ulf Zibis <[hidden email]>:

>> Am 23.12.18 um 00:11 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> I believe that the sync errors indicate that concatenation is not the
>> right way here.
>> Did you try mplayer -dumpstream?
>
> No, but now I tried:
> mplayer -dumpstream 001-C001/CYD-001.vob 001-C002/CYD-001.vob ...

$ mplayer -dumpstream dvd://
or
$ mplayer -dumpstream dvdnav://

Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Ulf Zibis
Hi,

Am 26.12.18 um 12:46 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> $ mplayer -dumpstream dvd://
> or
> $ mplayer -dumpstream dvdnav://
I had to use:

$ mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile CYD_dump.vob dvd:////dev/sr1

I got a file of 4.214.351.872 Bytes and following messages:

MPlayer 1.3.0 (Debian), built with gcc-7 (C) 2000-2016 MPlayer Team
do_connect: could not connect to socket
connect: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing dvd:////dev/sr1.
*** Zero check failed in src/ifo_read.c:564
    for vmgi_mat->zero_3 = 0x00000000010000000000000000000000000000
There are 1 titles on this DVD.
There are 1 angles in this DVD title.

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/ifo_read.c:1230 ***
*** for n % 4 == 0 ***


libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be patient

libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 0x00000290
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x00000b00
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Found 1 VTS's
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
audio stream: 0 format: ac3 (stereo) language: unknown aid: 128.
number of audio channels on disk: 1.
number of subtitles on disk: 0

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
*** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***


*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
*** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***


*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
*** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***


*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
*** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***


*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
*** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***


*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
*** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***

{.....}


With dvd::rip and subsequent cat I also got a vob file with
4.214.351.872 Bytes.

I do not see any difference or advantage with mplayer -dumpstream. They
are both a kind of corrupted, With VLC they stutter sometimes and the
time index is totally wrong, e.g. the length of the video is displayed
with 1:03 min instead 80:00 min.

After remuxing the file with:
ffmpeg -i in.vob -c copy out.vob
the file has 4.186.640.384 Bytes and then time index is correct and the
stuttering is gone.

But I still see the mentioned error messages when filtering and
transcoding the result to mp4.

-Ulf


_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Ulf Zibis
... and when I just play the video, I get:

$ mplayer dvd:////dev/sr1
MPlayer 1.3.0 (Debian), built with gcc-7 (C) 2000-2016 MPlayer Team
do_connect: could not connect to socket
connect: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing dvd:////dev/sr1.
*** Zero check failed in src/ifo_read.c:564
    for vmgi_mat->zero_3 = 0x00000000010000000000000000000000000000
There are 1 titles on this DVD.
There are 1 angles in this DVD title.

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/ifo_read.c:1230 ***
*** for n % 4 == 0 ***


libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be patient

libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 0x00000290
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x00000b00
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Found 1 VTS's
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
audio stream: 0 format: ac3 (stereo) language: unknown aid: 128.
number of audio channels on disk: 1.
number of subtitles on disk: 0

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
*** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***


*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
*** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***


MPEG-PS file format detected.
VIDEO:  MPEG2  704x576  (aspect 2)  25.000 fps  9578.8 kbps (1197.3 kbyte/s)
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_i965.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1
==========================================================================
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
libavcodec version 57.107.100 (external)
Selected video codec: [ffmpeg2] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-2)
==========================================================================
==========================================================================
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, floatle, 256.0 kbit/8.33% (ratio: 32000->384000)
Selected audio codec: [ffac3] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg AC-3)
==========================================================================
AO: [pulse] 48000Hz 2ch floatle (4 bytes per sample)
Starting playback...
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]incomplete frame
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [xv] 704x576 => 768x576 Planar YV12
[mpeg2video @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]ac-tex damaged at 6 11
[mpeg2video @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]concealing 1100 DC, 1100 AC, 1100 MV errors
in I frame
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [xv] 704x576 => 768x576 Planar YV12
A:   0.2 V:   0.6 A-V: -0.320 ct: -0.032  11/ 11 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]frame sync error
A:   0.2 V:   0.6 A-V: -0.360 ct: -0.032  12/ 12 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
A:   0.4 V:   0.6 A-V: -0.203 ct: -0.032  12/ 12 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
*** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***

[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
A:   0.4 V:   0.6 A-V: -0.194 ct: -0.032  12/ 12 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
A:   0.5 V:   0.6 A-V: -0.084 ct: -0.032  12/ 12 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
A:   0.5 V:   0.6 A-V: -0.079 ct: -0.032  12/ 12 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
A:   0.8 V:   0.6 A-V:  0.236 ct: -0.032  12/ 12 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
*** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***

[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
A:   0.8 V:   0.6 A-V:  0.250 ct: -0.028  12/ 12 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
A:   0.8 V:   0.8 A-V:  0.090 ct: -0.012  16/ 16 34% 23%  5.0% 1 0
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
A:   1.0 V:   0.9 A-V:  0.139 ct: -0.002  19/ 19 30% 19%  4.3% 1 0
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
A:   1.2 V:   1.2 A-V:  0.079 ct:  0.026  26/ 26 25% 14%  3.4% 1 0
*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
*** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***


[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
A:   1.6 V:   1.6 A-V:  0.033 ct:  0.065  37/ 37 20% 10%  2.8% 1 0
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF
[ac3 @ 0x7f79d5ab2920]Got unexpected packet after EOF

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
*** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***
{.....}

-Ulf

Am 03.01.19 um 01:20 schrieb Ulf Zibis:

> Hi,
>
> Am 26.12.18 um 12:46 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> $ mplayer -dumpstream dvd://
>> or
>> $ mplayer -dumpstream dvdnav://
> I had to use:
>
> $ mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile CYD_dump.vob dvd:////dev/sr1
>
> I got a file of 4.214.351.872 Bytes and following messages:
>
> MPlayer 1.3.0 (Debian), built with gcc-7 (C) 2000-2016 MPlayer Team
> do_connect: could not connect to socket
> connect: No such file or directory
> Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
> control.
>
> Playing dvd:////dev/sr1.
> *** Zero check failed in src/ifo_read.c:564
>     for vmgi_mat->zero_3 = 0x00000000010000000000000000000000000000
> There are 1 titles on this DVD.
> There are 1 angles in this DVD title.
>
> *** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/ifo_read.c:1230 ***
> *** for n % 4 == 0 ***
>
>
> libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
> libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be patient
>
> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 0x00000290
> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x00000b00
> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
> libdvdread: Found 1 VTS's
> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
> audio stream: 0 format: ac3 (stereo) language: unknown aid: 128.
> number of audio channels on disk: 1.
> number of subtitles on disk: 0
>
> *** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
> *** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***
>
>
> *** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
> *** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***
>
>
> *** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
> *** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***
>
>
> *** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
> *** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***
>
>
> *** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
> *** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***
>
>
> *** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in src/nav_read.c:264 ***
> *** for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0 ***
>
> {.....}
>
>
> With dvd::rip and subsequent cat I also got a vob file with
> 4.214.351.872 Bytes.
>
> I do not see any difference or advantage with mplayer -dumpstream. They
> are both a kind of corrupted, With VLC they stutter sometimes and the
> time index is totally wrong, e.g. the length of the video is displayed
> with 1:03 min instead 80:00 min.
>
> After remuxing the file with:
> ffmpeg -i in.vob -c copy out.vob
> the file has 4.186.640.384 Bytes and then time index is correct and the
> stuttering is gone.
>
> But I still see the mentioned error messages when filtering and
> transcoding the result to mp4.
>
> -Ulf
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Ulf Zibis
In reply to this post by Ulf Zibis
... from the dump, I get:

$ ls -l mplayer/CYD_dump.vob
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4214351872 Jan  2 21:50 mplayer/CYD_dump.vob
$ ffprobe mplayer/CYD_dump.vob
ffprobe version 3.4.4-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 Copyright (c) 2007-2018 the
FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu 7.3.0-16ubuntu3)
[.....]
Input #0, mpeg, from 'mplayer/CYD_dump.vob':
  Duration: 00:01:03.16, start: 0.231578, bitrate: 533831 kb/s
    Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p(tv, bt470bg,
top first), 704x576 [SAR 12:11 DAR 4:3], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
    Stream #0:1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 256 kb/s

From the ffmpeg remux result I get:

$ ls -l dvdrip/CYD_ffmpeg-copy.vob
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4186640384 Jan  2 17:16 dvdrip/CYD_ffmpeg-copy.vob
$ ffprobe dvdrip/CYD_ffmpeg-copy.vob
ffprobe version 3.4.4-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 Copyright (c) 2007-2018 the
FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu 7.3.0-16ubuntu3)
[.....]
Input #0, mpeg, from 'dvdrip/CYD_ffmpeg-copy.vob':
  Duration: 01:19:53.60, start: 0.540000, bitrate: 6987 kb/s
    Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p(tv, bt470bg,
top first), 704x576 [SAR 12:11 DAR 4:3], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
    Stream #0:1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 256 kb/s

In the latter, it seems, the video starts at 0.54. Doese this matter?
How can I set it to 0.0?

Thanks
-Ulf

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to duplicate 1st line

Ulf Zibis
In reply to this post by Ulf Zibis
Hi,

because of a noise in the 1st line of my video, I want to duplicate the
2nd line to the first. I tried this and got an error about invalid
horizontal crop value:
ffmpeg -i in.vob -vf
"split[in1][in2];[in1]crop=in_w:1:0:1[top];[in2]crop=in_w:in_h-1:0:1[main];[top][main]
vstack"out_fill-top_.mp4

I guess, the problem is, that the input file is interlaced. So I tried
the following:
ffmpeg -i in.vob -vf
"split[in1][in2];[in1]crop=in_w:2:0:2[top];[in2]crop=in_w:in_h-2:0:2[main];[top][main]
vstack"out_fill-top_.mp4
This works, but results in visible artefacts in the first 2 lines.

Because the resulting mp4 video is progressive anyway, how could I get
what I want (only 1 line should be duplicated)?


Thanks
-Ulf


_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
In reply to this post by Ulf Zibis
2019-01-03 1:20 GMT+01:00, Ulf Zibis <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> Am 26.12.18 um 12:46 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> $ mplayer -dumpstream dvd://
>> or
>> $ mplayer -dumpstream dvdnav://
> I had to use:
>
> $ mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile CYD_dump.vob dvd:////dev/sr1

Please also test dvdnav:// as it is supposed to work better.

Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Ulf Zibis
Hi Carl Eugen,

Am 06.01.19 um 13:12 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Please also test dvdnav:// as it is supposed to work better.

When I use dvdnav:// I only get a small 70 kB file containing the DVD menu.


_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to extract 1 frame as JPEG per minute

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
2019-01-06 14:25 GMT+01:00, Ulf Zibis <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Carl Eugen,
>
> Am 06.01.19 um 13:12 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
>> Please also test dvdnav:// as it is supposed to work better.
>
> When I use dvdnav:// I only get a small 70 kB file containing the DVD menu.

Which title numbers did you test?

Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
12