How to duplicate 1st line

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to duplicate 1st line

Ulf Zibis
Hi,

because of a noise in the 1st line of my video, I want to duplicate the
2nd line to the first. I tried this and got an error about invalid
horizontal crop value:
ffmpeg -i in.vob -vf
"split[in1][in2];[in1]crop=in_w:1:0:1[top];[in2]crop=in_w:in_h-1:0:1[main];[top][main]
vstack"out_fill-top_.mp4

I guess, the problem is, that the input file is interlaced. So I tried
the following:
ffmpeg -i in.vob -vf
"split[in1][in2];[in1]crop=in_w:2:0:2[top];[in2]crop=in_w:in_h-2:0:2[main];[top][main]
vstack"out_fill-top_.mp4
This works, but results in visible artefacts in the first 2 lines.

Because the resulting mp4 video is progressive anyway, how could I get
what I want (only 1 line should be duplicated)?


Thanks
-Ulf

--
Von meinem Seibert gesendet

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to duplicate 1st line

Paul B Mahol
On 1/6/19, Ulf Zibis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> because of a noise in the 1st line of my video, I want to duplicate the
> 2nd line to the first. I tried this and got an error about invalid
> horizontal crop value:
> ffmpeg -i in.vob -vf
> "split[in1][in2];[in1]crop=in_w:1:0:1[top];[in2]crop=in_w:in_h-1:0:1[main];[top][main]
> vstack"out_fill-top_.mp4
>
> I guess, the problem is, that the input file is interlaced. So I tried
> the following:
> ffmpeg -i in.vob -vf
> "split[in1][in2];[in1]crop=in_w:2:0:2[top];[in2]crop=in_w:in_h-2:0:2[main];[top][main]
> vstack"out_fill-top_.mp4
> This works, but results in visible artefacts in the first 2 lines.
>
> Because the resulting mp4 video is progressive anyway, how could I get
> what I want (only 1 line should be duplicated)?
>
>
> Thanks
> -Ulf
>
> --
> Von meinem Seibert gesendet
>
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".


use fillborders filters.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to duplicate 1st line

Ulf Zibis
Hi,

Am 06.01.19 um 16:05 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
>
> use fillborders filters.
Sounds good, but with
    $ ffmpeg -i CYD_6m_copy.vob -movflags +faststart -vf
"fillborders=top=1" -c:v libx264 -c:a copy CYD_6m_fill-top_H.264.mp4
I get:
[AVFilterGraph @ 0x55a6153dafa0] No such filter: 'fillborders'
Error reinitializing filters!
Failed to inject frame into filter network: Invalid argument
Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:0

-Ulf

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to duplicate 1st line

Michael Koch

> Sounds good, but with
>      $ ffmpeg -i CYD_6m_copy.vob -movflags +faststart -vf
> "fillborders=top=1" -c:v libx264 -c:a copy CYD_6m_fill-top_H.264.mp4
> I get:
> [AVFilterGraph @ 0x55a6153dafa0] No such filter: 'fillborders'

With the latest Windows 64-bit version from Zeranoe it's working.

Michael

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to duplicate 1st line

Moritz Barsnick
In reply to this post by Ulf Zibis
On Sun, Jan 06, 2019 at 17:16:14 +0100, Ulf Zibis wrote:
> [AVFilterGraph @ 0x55a6153dafa0] No such filter: 'fillborders'

This filter was added in November 2017. 4.0 was the first ffmpeg
release it was included in. Please use a recent version of ffmpeg to
get better support here (preferred: laster git master).

Moritz
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to duplicate 1st line

Ulf Zibis
In reply to this post by Michael Koch
Hi,

Am 06.01.19 um 17:56 schrieb Michael Koch:
>
>> Sounds good, but with
>>      $ ffmpeg -i CYD_6m_copy.vob -movflags +faststart -vf
>> "fillborders=top=1" -c:v libx264 -c:a copy CYD_6m_fill-top_H.264.mp4
>> I get:
>> [AVFilterGraph @ 0x55a6153dafa0] No such filter: 'fillborders'
>
> With the latest Windows 64-bit version from Zeranoe it's working.
Much thanks, I'm surprised because

    ffmpeg version 3.4.4-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the
    FFmpeg developers
    built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu 7.3.0-16ubuntu3)

is not such old.

With the up-to-date static build it now works fine!

Is the "fillborders" filter such new ?

-Ulf

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to duplicate 1st line

Moritz Barsnick
In reply to this post by Moritz Barsnick
On Sun, Jan 06, 2019 at 19:07:54 +0100, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> get better support here (preferred: laster git master).
                                      ^ latest, sorry. ;)
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to duplicate 1st line

Michael Koch
In reply to this post by Moritz Barsnick

> This filter was added in November 2017. 4.0 was the first ffmpeg
> release it was included in.

Is there a revision history where we can see when new features are added?

Michael

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to duplicate 1st line

Moritz Barsnick
On Sun, Jan 06, 2019 at 19:54:43 +0100, Michael Koch wrote:
> Is there a revision history where we can see when new features are added?

Sure:
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/Changelog

Moritz
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".