Forcing interlaced handling

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Forcing interlaced handling

Tim Nicholson
I have some V210 files and in both .mov and .mxf wrapper do not seem to
have any interlace flag settings, although I know them to be -tff.

I wish to convert them to dvvideo, however the fieldorder=bff filter
only works if the source material is flagged as tff, which it is not.

I have tried various things, including using fieldorder=tff,
fieldorder=bff so that the first filter does nothing but sets the flag,
so that the second filter does what is required, but this failed.

I have also tried using -top before the input file, but this too did
nothing, as did using a scale filter with scale=iw:ih:1.

Does anybody have an idea how to force tff interlace handling?
--
Tim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.
                                       
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forcing interlaced handling

Stefano Sabatini-2
On date Wednesday 2012-02-01 13:39:38 +0000, Tim Nicholson encoded:

> I have some V210 files and in both .mov and .mxf wrapper do not seem
> to have any interlace flag settings, although I know them to be
> -tff.
>
> I wish to convert them to dvvideo, however the fieldorder=bff filter
> only works if the source material is flagged as tff, which it is
> not.
>
> I have tried various things, including using fieldorder=tff,
> fieldorder=bff so that the first filter does nothing but sets the
> flag, so that the second filter does what is required, but this
> failed.
>

> I have also tried using -top before the input file, but this too did
> nothing, as did using a scale filter with scale=iw:ih:1.

Looks like -top is ignored on input.

>
> Does anybody have an idea how to force tff interlace handling?

Uhm... try with the attached patch and tell if it works for you.
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #11
One minute of video silence with ffmpeg:
ffmpeg -t 60 -s qcif -f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb24 -r 25 -i /dev/zero \
    -y silence.mpeg

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

0001-lavfi-add-setfield-filter.patch (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forcing interlaced handling

Tim Nicholson
On 01/02/12 23:34, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>  From feadf458f3dfda9d15ebcb5b1b065495f5ba68a9 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Stefano Sabatini<[hidden email]>
> Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 00:31:00 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] lavfi: add setfield filter

Wow, thanks.

Using:-

ffmpeg -i V210-field.ref-1min.mov \
-vf "setfield=1, fieldorder=bff"\
-map 0:v -map 0:a \
-c:v dvvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p \
-c:a pcm_s16le -ar 48k \
-y ./V210-field.ref-1min-out.mov

Worked on my short test sample. Now about to try on a longer mxf...

--
Tim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.
                                       
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forcing interlaced handling

Tim Nicholson
On 03/02/12 09:03, Tim Nicholson wrote:

> On 01/02/12 23:34, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>> From feadf458f3dfda9d15ebcb5b1b065495f5ba68a9 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>> From: Stefano Sabatini<[hidden email]>
>> Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 00:31:00 +0100
>> Subject: [PATCH] lavfi: add setfield filter
>
> Wow, thanks.
>
> Using:-
>
> ffmpeg -i V210-field.ref-1min.mov \
> -vf "setfield=1, fieldorder=bff"\
> -map 0:v -map 0:a \
> -c:v dvvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p \
> -c:a pcm_s16le -ar 48k \
> -y ./V210-field.ref-1min-out.mov
>
> Worked on my short test sample. Now about to try on a longer mxf...
>

...and that seems to work OK too....

will this go into current HEAD?

--
Tim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.
                                       
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forcing interlaced handling

Mark Himsley
In reply to this post by Stefano Sabatini-2
On 01/02/2012 23:34, Stefano Sabatini wrote:

> On date Wednesday 2012-02-01 13:39:38 +0000, Tim Nicholson encoded:
>> I have some V210 files and in both .mov and .mxf wrapper do not seem
>> to have any interlace flag settings, although I know them to be
>> -tff.
>>
>> I wish to convert them to dvvideo, however the fieldorder=bff filter
>> only works if the source material is flagged as tff, which it is
>> not.
>>
>> I have tried various things, including using fieldorder=tff,
>> fieldorder=bff so that the first filter does nothing but sets the
>> flag, so that the second filter does what is required, but this
>> failed.
>>
>
>> I have also tried using -top before the input file, but this too did
>> nothing, as did using a scale filter with scale=iw:ih:1.
>
> Looks like -top is ignored on input.

I've asked that before:

http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2011-May/000835.html

I thought Michael said he was pushing a fix for it.

http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2011-May/111772.html

>> Does anybody have an idea how to force tff interlace handling?
>
> Uhm... try with the attached patch and tell if it works for you.

You've mentioned that before ;-)

http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2011-May/000869.html

--
Mark



_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Forcing interlaced handling

Stefano Sabatini-2
In reply to this post by Tim Nicholson
On date Friday 2012-02-03 11:12:31 +0000, Tim Nicholson encoded:

> On 03/02/12 09:03, Tim Nicholson wrote:
> >On 01/02/12 23:34, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> >>From feadf458f3dfda9d15ebcb5b1b065495f5ba68a9 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> >>From: Stefano Sabatini<[hidden email]>
> >>Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 00:31:00 +0100
> >>Subject: [PATCH] lavfi: add setfield filter
> >
> >Wow, thanks.
> >
> >Using:-
> >
> >ffmpeg -i V210-field.ref-1min.mov \
> >-vf "setfield=1, fieldorder=bff"\
> >-map 0:v -map 0:a \
> >-c:v dvvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p \
> >-c:a pcm_s16le -ar 48k \
> >-y ./V210-field.ref-1min-out.mov
> >
> >Worked on my short test sample. Now about to try on a longer mxf...
> >
>
> ...and that seems to work OK too....
>
> will this go into current HEAD?

Hopefully, just sent a patch to ffmpeg-devel.
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #12
One minute of video noise with ffmpeg:
ffmpeg -t 60 -s qcif -f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb24 -r 25 -i /dev/urandom \
    -y noise.mpeg
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user