Encoding VP6a (How do I use this patch in linked thread?)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Encoding VP6a (How do I use this patch in linked thread?)

byarsulik
Hello all,

I am doing a project at work where I need to put a transparent flash video on our website. I am trying to encode the file, and I've turned to ffmpeg to do the job. However, I read everywhere that it isn't possible to "encode" VP6a with ffmpeg but only to decode with it.

I ran across this thread, and it looks like this may be able to help me. Although, I do not know the process required to use this patch file, as I've never done it before. I wondered if someone who has done this previously might be able to step me through the process?

Here is the thread in question: http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/no-encoding-of-VP6-flv-files-td4354603.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Encoding VP6a (How do I use this patch in linked thread?)

Lou Logan
On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 09:19:42 -0700 (PDT)
byarsulik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am doing a project at work where I need to put a transparent flash video
> on our website. I am trying to encode the file, and I've turned to ffmpeg to
> do the job. However, I read everywhere that it isn't possible to "encode"
> VP6a with ffmpeg but only to decode with it.
>
> I ran across this thread, and it looks like this may be able to help me.
> Although, I do not know the process required to use this patch file, as I've
> never done it before. I wondered if someone who has done this previously
> might be able to step me through the process?
>
> Here is the thread in question:
> http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/no-encoding-of-VP6-flv-files-td4354603.html

It has been comitted in 42ae83c1 on 5 Feb 2012. It allows muxing of
VP6a into flv. I believe there is no VP6a encoder. Patch welcome.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Encoding VP6a (How do I use this patch in linked thread?)

byarsulik
What would you suggest then at this point?

How do I create a VP6a file to begin with? If I export a video file from AE with transparency settings, it's not VP6a.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Encoding VP6a (How do I use this patch in linked thread?)

Henk D. Schoneveld

On 11 Sep 2015, at 20:53, byarsulik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What would you suggest then at this point?
>
> How do I create a VP6a file to begin with?
If ffmpeg can’t encode VP6a, you can’t create one with ffmpeg.
> If I export a video file from AE
AE being ?

> with transparency settings, it's not VP6a.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/Encoding-VP6a-How-do-I-use-this-patch-in-linked-thread-tp4672264p4672270.html
> Sent from the FFmpeg-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Encoding VP6a (How do I use this patch in linked thread?)

byarsulik
Sorry! AE = After Effects