Compiling ffmpeg with an output device (Blackmagick Decklink)

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Compiling ffmpeg with an output device (Blackmagick Decklink)

David Di Biase
I've gone through the ffmpeg compile tutorial and have managed to get it
working as expected. The build looks stable and usable. However now I need
to include the Blackmagick Decklink SDK in the build using the
--enable-decklink flag.

*cd ~/ffmpeg_sources && \*
*wget -O ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
<https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2> && \*
*tar xjvf ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2 && \*
*cd ffmpeg && \*
*PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib/pkgconfig"
./configure \*
*  --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" \*
*  --pkg-config-flags="--static" \*
*  --extra-cflags="-I$HOME/ffmpeg_build/include" \*
*  --extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib" \*
*  --extra-libs="-lpthread -lm" \*
*  --bindir="$HOME/bin" \*
*  --enable-gpl \*
*  --enable-libass \*
*  --enable-libfdk-aac \*
*  --enable-libfreetype \*
*  --enable-libmp3lame \*
*  --enable-libopus \*
*  --enable-libtheora \*
*  --enable-libvorbis \*
*  --enable-libvpx \*
*  --enable-libx264 \*
*  --enable-libx265 \*
*  --enable-decklink \*
*  --enable-nonfree && \*
*PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" make && \*
*make install && \*
*hash -r*

However after a few seconds it fails and reports that it cannot find the
decklink libs:

*ERROR: DeckLinkAPI.h not found*

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
[hidden email] mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "ffbuild/config.log" produced by configure as this
will help
solve the problem.
I've placed the libraries in the same folder specified by extra-cflags and
in the ldflags. So basically the Decklink SDK is available here and here:

*~/ffmpeg_build/include/decklink*
*~/ffmpeg_build/lib/decklink*

That's not apparently how you do it though (new to ffmpeg). I'm wondering
where I should be putting the SDK source to ensure the compiler can read it.

Thanks.

--
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the
individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling ffmpeg with an output device (Blackmagick Decklink)

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
2018-04-13 23:22 GMT+02:00, David Di Biase <[hidden email]>:

> Include the log file "ffbuild/config.log" produced by configure
> as this will help solve the problem.

Did you read this?

> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential

Please remove this from emails sent to a public mailing list.

Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling ffmpeg with an output device (Blackmagick Decklink)

Gang Liu
In reply to this post by David Di Biase
# with decklink, centos 6.x
scl enable devtoolset-3 bash


PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:"$HOME/ffmpeg/build.static/lib/pkgconfig"
./configure --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg/build.static"
--pkg-config-flags="--static"
--extra-cflags="-I$HOME/ffmpeg/build.static/include
-I$HOME/Downloads/Blackmagic_DeckLink_SDK_10.8.5/Linux/include/"
--extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/ffmpeg/build.static/lib
-L$HOME/Downloads/Blackmagic_DeckLink_SDK_10.8.5/Linux/include/"
--extra-libs=-lpthread --bindir="$HOME/ffmpeg/bin.static" --enable-gpl
--enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-libfdk_aac --enable-fontconfig
--enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus
--enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265
--enable-decklink --enable-librtmp --enable-openssl

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 5:22 AM, David Di Biase <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I've gone through the ffmpeg compile tutorial and have managed to get it
> working as expected. The build looks stable and usable. However now I need
> to include the Blackmagick Decklink SDK in the build using the
> --enable-decklink flag.
>
> *cd ~/ffmpeg_sources && \*
> *wget -O ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
> https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
> <https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2> && \*
> *tar xjvf ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2 && \*
> *cd ffmpeg && \*
> *PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib/pkgconfig"
> ./configure \*
> *  --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" \*
> *  --pkg-config-flags="--static" \*
> *  --extra-cflags="-I$HOME/ffmpeg_build/include" \*
> *  --extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib" \*
> *  --extra-libs="-lpthread -lm" \*
> *  --bindir="$HOME/bin" \*
> *  --enable-gpl \*
> *  --enable-libass \*
> *  --enable-libfdk-aac \*
> *  --enable-libfreetype \*
> *  --enable-libmp3lame \*
> *  --enable-libopus \*
> *  --enable-libtheora \*
> *  --enable-libvorbis \*
> *  --enable-libvpx \*
> *  --enable-libx264 \*
> *  --enable-libx265 \*
> *  --enable-decklink \*
> *  --enable-nonfree && \*
> *PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" make && \*
> *make install && \*
> *hash -r*
>
> However after a few seconds it fails and reports that it cannot find the
> decklink libs:
>
> *ERROR: DeckLinkAPI.h not found*
>
> If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
> version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
> [hidden email] mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
> Include the log file "ffbuild/config.log" produced by configure as this
> will help
> solve the problem.
> I've placed the libraries in the same folder specified by extra-cflags and
> in the ldflags. So basically the Decklink SDK is available here and here:
>
> *~/ffmpeg_build/include/decklink*
> *~/ffmpeg_build/lib/decklink*
>
> That's not apparently how you do it though (new to ffmpeg). I'm wondering
> where I should be putting the SDK source to ensure the compiler can read
> it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
> solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
> If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
> This message contains confidential information and is intended only for
> the
> individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
> disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender
> immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
> delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient
> you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any
> action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
> prohibited.
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling ffmpeg with an output device (Blackmagick Decklink)

David Di Biase
Carl, my apologies for not including config.log. I've attached a copy here.
I also managed to get through most of the issues I was having however I
have one final issue regarding running the mak file. Here's the command I'm
using:

*cd ~/ffmpeg_sources && *
*wget -O ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
<https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2> && *
*tar -xjvf ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2 &&*
*cd ffmpeg && *
*PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:"$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib/pkgconfig"
./configure --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" --pkg-config-flags="--static"
--extra-cflags="-I$HOME/ffmpeg_build/include*
*-I$HOME/Decklink" --extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib*
*-L$HOME/Decklink" --extra-libs="-lpthread -lm" --bindir="$HOME/bin"
--enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-libfdk_aac
--enable-fontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame
--enable-libopus --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264
--enable-libx265 --enable-decklink --enable-librtmp --enable-openssl &&*
*PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" make &&*
*make install &&*
*hash -r*

At the tail of that command as it's confirming the build files I get the
following:

*License: nonfree and unredistributable*
*config.h is unchanged*
*config.asm is unchanged*
*libavutil/avconfig.h is unchanged*
*libavfilter/filter_list.c is unchanged*
*libavcodec/codec_list.c is unchanged*
*libavcodec/parser_list.c is unchanged*
*libavcodec/bsf_list.c is unchanged*
*libavformat/demuxer_list.c is unchanged*
*libavformat/muxer_list.c is unchanged*
*libavdevice/indev_list.c is unchanged*
*libavdevice/outdev_list.c is unchanged*
*libavformat/protocol_list.c is unchanged*
*ffbuild/config.sh is unchanged*
*ffbuild/config.mak:6: *** missing separator.  Stop.*

I attempted tracking down the issue and found this ticket on the ffmpeg
tracker: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1209. I'm not using the git pull,
instead I'm just unpacking the source tar.

Hopefully someone has experienced this before and knows where I should look
for a solution.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 10:10 PM Gang Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> # with decklink, centos 6.x
> scl enable devtoolset-3 bash
>
>
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:"$HOME/ffmpeg/build.static/lib/pkgconfig"
> ./configure --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg/build.static"
> --pkg-config-flags="--static"
> --extra-cflags="-I$HOME/ffmpeg/build.static/include
> -I$HOME/Downloads/Blackmagic_DeckLink_SDK_10.8.5/Linux/include/"
> --extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/ffmpeg/build.static/lib
> -L$HOME/Downloads/Blackmagic_DeckLink_SDK_10.8.5/Linux/include/"
> --extra-libs=-lpthread --bindir="$HOME/ffmpeg/bin.static" --enable-gpl
> --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-libfdk_aac --enable-fontconfig
> --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus
> --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265
> --enable-decklink --enable-librtmp --enable-openssl
>
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 5:22 AM, David Di Biase <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > I've gone through the ffmpeg compile tutorial and have managed to get it
> > working as expected. The build looks stable and usable. However now I
> need
> > to include the Blackmagick Decklink SDK in the build using the
> > --enable-decklink flag.
> >
> > *cd ~/ffmpeg_sources && \*
> > *wget -O ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
> > https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
> > <https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2> && \*
> > *tar xjvf ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2 && \*
> > *cd ffmpeg && \*
> > *PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH"
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib/pkgconfig"
> > ./configure \*
> > *  --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" \*
> > *  --pkg-config-flags="--static" \*
> > *  --extra-cflags="-I$HOME/ffmpeg_build/include" \*
> > *  --extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib" \*
> > *  --extra-libs="-lpthread -lm" \*
> > *  --bindir="$HOME/bin" \*
> > *  --enable-gpl \*
> > *  --enable-libass \*
> > *  --enable-libfdk-aac \*
> > *  --enable-libfreetype \*
> > *  --enable-libmp3lame \*
> > *  --enable-libopus \*
> > *  --enable-libtheora \*
> > *  --enable-libvorbis \*
> > *  --enable-libvpx \*
> > *  --enable-libx264 \*
> > *  --enable-libx265 \*
> > *  --enable-decklink \*
> > *  --enable-nonfree && \*
> > *PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" make && \*
> > *make install && \*
> > *hash -r*
> >
> > However after a few seconds it fails and reports that it cannot find the
> > decklink libs:
> >
> > *ERROR: DeckLinkAPI.h not found*
> >
> > If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
> > version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
> > [hidden email] mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
> > Include the log file "ffbuild/config.log" produced by configure as this
> > will help
> > solve the problem.
> > I've placed the libraries in the same folder specified by extra-cflags
> and
> > in the ldflags. So basically the Decklink SDK is available here and here:
> >
> > *~/ffmpeg_build/include/decklink*
> > *~/ffmpeg_build/lib/decklink*
> >
> > That's not apparently how you do it though (new to ffmpeg). I'm wondering
> > where I should be putting the SDK source to ensure the compiler can read
> > it.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> intended
> > solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
> addressed.
> > If you have received this email in error please notify the system
> manager.
> > This message contains confidential information and is intended only for
> > the
> > individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
> > disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender
> > immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
> > delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended
> recipient
> > you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any
> > action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
> > prohibited.
> > _______________________________________________
> > ffmpeg-user mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
> >
> > To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> > [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
--
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the
individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited.

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".

config.lo (634K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling ffmpeg with an output device (Blackmagick Decklink)

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
2018-04-18 0:10 GMT+02:00, David Di Biase <[hidden email]>:
> Carl, my apologies for not including config.log. I've attached a copy here.

Which only makes sense as long as you have trouble with configure...

[...]

> *ffbuild/config.mak:6: *** missing separator.  Stop.*
>
> I attempted tracking down the issue and found this ticket on the ffmpeg
> tracker: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1209. I'm not using the git pull,
> instead I'm just unpacking the source tar.

I can only guess that "upacking" involves selecting line breaks.

[...]

> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential

Remove this nonsense, it make you and your company look stupid.

Please avoid top-posting here, Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling ffmpeg with an output device (Blackmagick Decklink)

Gonzalo Garramuño-2
In reply to this post by David Di Biase

El 18/04/2018 a las 14:40, Carl Eugen Hoyos escribió:

>> *ffbuild/config.mak:6: *** missing separator.  Stop.*
>>
>> I attempted tracking down the issue and found this ticket on the ffmpeg
>> tracker: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1209. I'm not using the git pull,
>> instead I'm just unpacking the source tar.
>
> I can only guess that "upacking" involves selecting line breaks.
>
> [...]
>

As Carl guesses, you probably have an issue with line breaks ( unix vs.
windows ) and that's why the config.mak file fails.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling ffmpeg with an output device (Blackmagick Decklink)

David Di Biase
Thanks I got it resolved. It was my command line and how I was inserting
link breaks in it. Even after I got passed all that it’s not working as
expected, throws multiple errors. I’ve had to move onto other solutions as
this is not operating as expected.

In regards to the comment about the legal disclosure. It’s required by our
legal team given some of the nature of sensitive information we communicate
with clients. Deal with it.
On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 1:59 PM Gonzalo Garramuño <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>
> El 18/04/2018 a las 14:40, Carl Eugen Hoyos escribió:
> >> *ffbuild/config.mak:6: *** missing separator.  Stop.*
> >>
> >> I attempted tracking down the issue and found this ticket on the ffmpeg
> >> tracker: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1209. I'm not using the git
> pull,
> >> instead I'm just unpacking the source tar.
> >
> > I can only guess that "upacking" involves selecting line breaks.
> >
> > [...]
> >
>
> As Carl guesses, you probably have an issue with line breaks ( unix vs.
> windows ) and that's why the config.mak file fails.
>
> --
> Gonzalo Garramuño
>
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user
>
> To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
> [hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".

--
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the
individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited.
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".