C210 uncompressed video: horizontal offset

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

C210 uncompressed video: horizontal offset

Peter B.
Hi everyone :)

I just received a 10 bit uncompressed file, encoded in something called
"C210" (*).
When I transcode or play it, there's a horizontal pixel shift.

Here's a screenshot:
http://download.das-werkstatt.com/pb/contribs/files/c210_offset.png

Recent ffmpeg is able to read this file without throwing any errors.
Complete uncut ffprobe console output is below.

I couldn't find any information about "C210" online. Seems to be a
proprietary "dialect" of V210?


Any ideas how to get these files to decode correctly?
I've uploaded a sample file here:
http://download.das-werkstatt.com/pb/contribs/files/c210.avi.7z



Thank you very much in advance,
Pb

-----------------------
$ ffprobe-git -i c210.avi
-----------------------
ffprobe version N-90991-g0736f32 Copyright (c) 2007-2018 the FFmpeg
developers
  built with gcc 5.4.0 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.5) 20160609
  configuration: --prefix=/usr/local --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree
--enable-version3 --enable-postproc --enable-ffplay --enable-swscale
--enable-avfilter --enable-pthreads --enable-bzlib --enable-zlib
--enable-decoder=png --enable-encoder=png --samples=../fate-suite
--enable-libfreetype --enable-libopenjpeg --disable-decoder=jpeg2000
--enable-libvpx --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264
  libavutil      56. 18.100 / 56. 18.100
  libavcodec     58. 19.101 / 58. 19.101
  libavformat    58. 13.101 / 58. 13.101
  libavdevice    58.  4.100 / 58.  4.100
  libavfilter     7. 21.100 /  7. 21.100
  libswscale      5.  2.100 /  5.  2.100
  libswresample   3.  2.100 /  3.  2.100
  libpostproc    55.  2.100 / 55.  2.100
Input #0, avi, from 'c210.avi':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : Lavf58.13.101
  Duration: 00:00:02.00, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 234331 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Video: v210 (C210 / 0x30313243), yuv422p10le, 720x576,
239085 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 25 tbc

_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: C210 uncompressed video: horizontal offset

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
2018-05-07 23:39 GMT+02:00, Peter B. <[hidden email]>:

> http://download.das-werkstatt.com/pb/contribs/files/c210.avi.7z

This file was written using libavformat which does not support
writing Canopus C210, please provide (the beginning of) the
original file.

If the file was not written with ffmpeg but with another
application using libavformat, I suspect it is simply
broken (the AVPackets start with 64 bytes that I believe
belong in the file format, not the codec).

I unfortunately don't have this sample, so I don't know
for sure:
http://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2016-January/187160.html

Thank you, we love samples, Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: C210 uncompressed video: horizontal offset

Peter B.
On 08/05/18 00:31, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> 2018-05-07 23:39 GMT+02:00, Peter B. <[hidden email]>:
>
>> http://download.das-werkstatt.com/pb/contribs/files/c210.avi.7z
> This file was written using libavformat which does not support
> writing Canopus C210, please provide (the beginning of) the
> original file.

Roger that.
You got me there ;)
I admit I trimmed the file using ffmpeg (hoping it wouldn't matter due
to "-c copy").

Anyways, here's a dd-trimmed file containing the first 20 MB of the
original:
http://download.das-werkstatt.com/pb/contribs/files/c210-dd.avi.7z

@cehoyos:
Do you know the Canopus C210 codec? Got any information about it?


Thank you very much in advance.
Pb
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: C210 uncompressed video: horizontal offset

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
2018-05-08 14:06 GMT+02:00, Peter B. <[hidden email]>:

> On 08/05/18 00:31, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> 2018-05-07 23:39 GMT+02:00, Peter B. <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> http://download.das-werkstatt.com/pb/contribs/files/c210.avi.7z
>> This file was written using libavformat which does not support
>> writing Canopus C210, please provide (the beginning of) the
>> original file.
>
> Roger that.
> You got me there ;)
> I admit I trimmed the file using ffmpeg (hoping it wouldn't matter due
> to "-c copy").
>
> Anyways, here's a dd-trimmed file containing the first 20 MB of the
> original:
> http://download.das-werkstatt.com/pb/contribs/files/c210-dd.avi.7z

Piotr kindly confirmed that the file is valid, I sent a patch that
skips the unknown extradata.

Is is possible that we talked about file(s) with changing codecs
that you wanted to forward?

Thank you, Carl Eugen
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: C210 uncompressed video: horizontal offset

Peter B.
On 10/05/18 23:02, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Piotr kindly confirmed that the file is valid, I sent a patch that
> skips the unknown extradata.

Saw it own ffmpeg-devel@ :)
Will try it as soon as possible and report back.


> Is is possible that we talked about file(s) with changing codecs
> that you wanted to forward?

Indeed.

Due to other work things, it slipped through my todo-list :(
Will create a sample and send you a link :)


Thanks again,
Peter
_______________________________________________
ffmpeg-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-user

To unsubscribe, visit link above, or email
[hidden email] with subject "unsubscribe".